Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 12:58 PM

7 posts, read 8,662 times

Advertisements

Hi~

I am seriously looking to relocate from ATL to Maryland. My driving force concerning potential areas there is SCHOOLS, SCHOOLS, SCHOOLS. It is more important that I am in a good/great school district than a commute. I am blessed to have a virtual position, so a daily commute is not an issue. I am in need of a school district that offers great services for autistic children who are able to receive special education services while in the regular general education population. My research on this led me to Montgomery County, and I was told that they have one of the best school districts and really offer a lot concerning children requiring special needs in mainstream education. We will be coming from a challenging, top notch school system in ATL, and my goal is to ensure that I will be going from apples to apples. For cost, I am looking for no more than $1800 (2B/2B), if I can help it! . Is that possible? Right now, I am looking at Silver Springs and Rockville. Any other areas?

Any help in finding the best school areas and good housing for rent is most appreciated!

Old 08-11-2015, 01:54 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,824,892 times
You may want to post in the Maryland forum.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:44 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Also check Baltimore County, particularly in the Towson / Timonium area. They have a lot of great programs as well.
And, I agree with SeaRay, you should be talking on the Maryland forum.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:23 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,304,779 times
Hi. We bought in PGI in March, but still live in Ellicott City, Howard County, MD. Schools are high rated. County is highly rated. Convenient to BWI airport, I95, Baltimore and DC. About 2 hours from Philly.

Not cheap to live but I am sure some options exist for you. We have a 3 story TH (end unit) we rent for 1800/month in Elkridge.

I recommend the area. Let me know if you want to know more...

Mike G

Old 08-12-2015, 08:27 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
Hi. We bought in PGI in March, but still live in Ellicott City, Howard County, MD. Schools are high rated. County is highly rated. Convenient to BWI airport, I95, Baltimore and DC. About 2 hours from Philly.

Not cheap to live but I am sure some options exist for you. We have a 3 story TH (end unit) we rent for 1800/month in Elkridge.

Mike G
Mike,
We'll have to catch up and watch a Raven's game at Beef O'Brady's - that is when we are not up at the game in Baltimore. Unfortunately this year, I think my daughter is going to go to more games up there than we are this year.

I was going to recommend Howard County. They are very well recognized as well. I have many friends who either taught there or still teach there.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:22 PM

Thank you! I am new to the site, so I guess I posted in the incorrect forum.....hopefully, I have it right now.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:25 PM

Thank you so much! I will add Ellicott City and Elkridge as well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post

Mike G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte