Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 06:21 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times

Advertisements

I'm a snowbird. I think I'll get one of stickers for the car that says "I'm a local". That should really have people scrathing their head with my Brooklyn accent. Lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 06:29 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'm a snowbird. I think I'll get one of stickers for the car that says "I'm a local". That should really have people scrathing their head with my Brooklyn accent. Lmao
Jackies accent trumps your by a mile 😂 Rexlan should just fade far, far, far away

Old 03-05-2018, 04:57 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,150,786 times
Quick funny "accent' story.

A realtor I know is from Joisi , and has a real new joise accent...

he bought his friend (also from NJ) to see me and asked how the new house was going
my reply was 'fine , once we got the dog room sorted"

he looked and me and said "oh is your woife a fotograffer (best NJ accent)"

and I'm like...."WTH has that got to do with it ??"

his friend laughs and says " no Ronnie a DAWG room not a DARK room"....'Oh a DAWG room'

so i'm going" yea yea Ronnie a DAWG room for the DAWGGIES

darn snowbirds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2018, 05:29 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Quick funny "accent' story.

A realtor I know is from Joisi , and has a real new joise accent...

he bought his friend (also from NJ) to see me and asked how the new house was going
my reply was 'fine , once we got the dog room sorted"

he looked and me and said "oh is your woife a fotograffer (best NJ accent)"

and I'm like...."WTH has that got to do with it ??"

his friend laughs and says " no Ronnie a DAWG room not a DARK room"....'Oh a DAWG room'

so i'm going" yea yea Ronnie a DAWG room for the DAWGGIES

darn snowbirds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha don’t make me have Tony Soprano pay you a visit fuggetabouit

Old 03-05-2018, 09:27 AM

459 posts, read 585,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Rexlan does nothing but b##ch about Florida and the people I’m sure all of Florida is happy he is gone
Just makes me laugh he still trolls this site even though he does nothing but put the area down.
Up in Tampa today for Yankee game, alot of traffic and nothing but happy faces

That isn't completely true; however, SW Florida did in fact fail to meet any of my minimum expectations. I don't complain about the people but I am willing to make an exception in your case because you are obviously special ... lol.

It is not a "people" problem in SW Florida. It is a mentality and I suspect most folks are accustomed to being crammed into a small mold. I enjoyed 38 years in Alaska and am accomplished. I went to FL just 4 years ago and it isn't for me. When they built another house 12 feet from mine and I had to put up with a chit contractor and his gang for almost a year that was enough. Just like the traffic issue you seem to enjoy ...

Because someone routinely reads a site makes them a troll ... then what are you? And you are correct - I am thrilled I'm gone and sold off my last property last week.

Pete it matters very little if the birds bring $$ to the area. That's not much of a trade for your lifestyle. You are certainly correct that most in FL are transplants ... not many old timers around and I wonder why?

Old 03-06-2018, 06:32 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
Ive though there should be a footbridge. Also during the fair people cross the opposite way
I agree. For the safety of the attendees (fair or baseball game or other event) a footbridge over the road makes sense. It would be a win-win for everyone.

They could start adding .50/ticket or $1 ticket for events there and have that money go toward the overpass footbridge fund. And have other fundraising for it also. And look into grants for contributing toward it.

Hopefully they don't wait until someone is killed crossing the road.

Aha - they are looking into it already. Good news.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/34628661/...port-charlotte

One of the reasons traffic is always so bad on game day is that deputies have to actually shut down the road several times. That's because one of the parking lots is across the street.

The county is still exploring adding a pedestrian bridge over the road, but it could cost more than a million dollars.

"A walkway crossover would be a boon to that road," Besase said

Last edited by sware2cod; 03-06-2018 at 06:51 AM..

Old 03-06-2018, 06:47 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Here's the 2018 schedule, in case someone needs to know what day/time to avoid 776 near the Charlotte Sports Park.

2018 Rays Spring Training Schedule

Games start at 1:05 PM. Here are the rest of the home games in PC:

March 6, 7, 9, 11, 15, 18, 21, 23, 25

Old 03-06-2018, 11:34 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
Thanks Cod! We may go the 21st. :-)

Old 03-06-2018, 12:20 PM

207 posts, read 260,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
They could start adding .50/ticket or $1 ticket for events there and have that money go toward the overpass footbridge fund.
Or put a 1% earned income tax on the grossly overpaid players.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:36 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNewbie2017 View Post
Or put a 1% earned income tax on the grossly overpaid players.
The majority of use for that stadium is for the Port Charlotte Stone Crabs, a Class A team. I doubt that they're earning a whole lot of dough. Besides that, the crowds are mainly only during the county fair and the few Spring Training games that occur this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte