Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 03:09 AM

4 posts, read 4,569 times

Advertisements

We have discovered through DNA research that my wife has extended family. We have learned through internet searches that they live in the Punta Gorda/ Port Charlotte area of Florida. Please help us make the connection. At our age, tempus fugit. The names of Martin's children are: Richard Blanche, and Joan Yezzi.
If you know either of them, please ask them to respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 12:37 PM

5 posts, read 5,550 times
Hi, John. I did a quick facebook search and Joan Yezzi is on there and she lives in Punta Gorda. Hope this helps.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:40 PM

5 posts, read 5,550 times
and Richard Blanche is on her friends list, and he lives in Homosassa Springs, Florida

Old 10-08-2021, 08:02 AM

71 posts, read 56,027 times
check the darn country clerk's website

Old 10-08-2021, 01:32 PM

Havana,
I also found information on the Facebook account. But trying to make contact that way has resulted in no responses. I've even sent snail mail to the last known address.
What I need is someone who personally knows a family member and will intercede. Martin Blanche, now deceased, has been shown through DNA to be my wife's biological father and she only wants to see a picture of the man who is her real father. We're not asking to become members of the surviving family, just to get a picture of Martin.

Thank you for your interest and response.
John H

Old 10-12-2021, 07:43 AM

71 posts, read 56,027 times
what the heck is important about only getting a picture???? for what? that's not going to tell you anything about the man whatsoever!

confusing

Old 10-13-2021, 07:13 PM

The importance of a picture is that my wife, Martin's daughter, only recently discovered that Martin is her biological father. She is in the midst of Alzheimer's and it is her wish to see what her real father looked like.
I have sent snail mail communications to Martin's other children and none were returned as "unknown" or "undeliverable" so obviously they are not interested in helping or learning of a new half sister. If they want their pirivacy we'll respect that, but my wife is entitled to have her curiosity satisfied about her biological father. It is not an unreasonable wish.

Old 10-16-2021, 03:44 PM

1,066 posts, read 765,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_H View Post
The importance of a picture is that my wife, Martin's daughter, only recently discovered that Martin is her biological father. She is in the midst of Alzheimer's and it is her wish to see what her real father looked like.
I have sent snail mail communications to Martin's other children and none were returned as "unknown" or "undeliverable" so obviously they are not interested in helping or learning of a new half sister. If they want their pirivacy we'll respect that, but my wife is entitled to have her curiosity satisfied about her biological father. It is not an unreasonable wish.
John, I sent you a direct message with a small amount of information.

Having a sister in law also suffering from dementia, I understand where you are coming from. Time is likely fairly short and I commend you for making the attempt to locate - at the very least - a simple picture of your father in law. Have you tried Ancestry or even reaching out in the specific forum here might help you.

Good luck.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:34 PM

I have answered you on the direct message option, but can't tell if any of the efforts went through.
I am on Ancestry building our family tree. I'm fortunate to have an LDS genealogical expert helping.
You reference the "specific forum here". What does that refer to?
Thanks!

Old 10-16-2021, 08:18 PM

1,066 posts, read 765,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_H View Post
I have answered you on the direct message option, but can't tell if any of the efforts went through.
I am on Ancestry building our family tree. I'm fortunate to have an LDS genealogical expert helping.
You reference the "specific forum here". What does that refer to?
Thanks!
This forum:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/genealogy/

Though it looks like you have it well handled.

Again, best wishes to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte