Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 08:29 AM

654 posts, read 3,458,563 times

Advertisements

As of this morning one of the soft rock radio stations I now have cut off listening to until at least Dec. 1st. I don't know what idiot's idea was it to play continuous Christmas music on Thanksgiving day onward thru Christmas Day. Makes no sense to me. By the time the first week of Dec gets here you are already tired of alot of the stuff they play.

I may be in the minority on this, but myself personally I don't want to listen or hear ANY Christmas music until Dec. 1st as to me seems more appropriate to start playing it. I have my own collection of stuff anyway that you will never hear on those stations. For most of the lame radio stations to them its all about getting people to go out and spend money they don't have and get in the debt cycle.
When I go to the stores now I have to wear earplugs just to avoid listening to the music thats playing.

I know this may seem dumb to some but its just how I am. Maybe I am too much a traditionalist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 01:19 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,493,769 times
Another reason I don't listen to the radio and haven't done so for about 4 years.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:38 AM

436 posts, read 1,649,602 times
I think it's the type of stations you are listening to.
Radio stations that play rap and rock music dont have ongoing Xmas tunes on the playlist. It's only those happy soft rock/easy listening/Adult AC stations that love it so.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:44 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,660,297 times
There is a station in Phx. that plays Xmas tunes. That would drive me nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio