Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 01:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Greetings- Yesterday morning my husband found our cat had died. He was in the range of 17 years old. He was my husband's good buddy, but I find myself quite sad about his passing. I feel guilty for not paying more attention to him since our baby was born. I'm feeling a range of emotions that I did not expect.

I just got the call to pick up his ashes. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 02:02 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,278,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Greetings- Yesterday morning my husband found our cat had died. He was in the range of 17 years old. He was my husband's good buddy, but I find myself quite sad about his passing. I feel guilty for not paying more attention to him since our baby was born. I'm feeling a range of emotions that I did not expect.

Sorry to hear. Sounds like he lived a good, long life though. He is in a good "cat" place now. No suffering.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:34 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
My condolences.
Don't feel guilt, you have to take care of your baby first. I know it's sad though. My cat passed a few months back and I was a wreck for a week or two, it's sad. Know that ur cat had a long 17 years and was well cared for your husband and you both got to enjoy your cat's life. 17 years is a good long life, cant ask for better than that. You'll see kitty again in some other life.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:38 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
Sorry for your loss. Losing a beloved pet is devastating. (hugs)

Old 06-20-2014, 05:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Thank you for your kind words. The house has an emptiness to it now that he's gone. It feels like an end of an era for our family.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:30 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:

Oh no!!! I am so sorry Braunwyn

Please don't feel guilty, I'm sure your kitty had a great life with you and your husband.

In recent years I have had to put two beloved cats down due to sudden illness and advanced age.

I am down to my last indoor cat and she's a grand old lady now.

Just yesterday I found myself praying God would allow her to go in her sleep when it's time because I cannot BEAR the thought of putting her down one day. She has been my baby girl since the day she was born over 16 years ago.

I think the bottom line is, it is never easy to say goodbye to a family member who has been with you for so long, no matter how it happens. Your feelings are a surprise to you, but completely normal and natural. I'm just glad your little one isn't old enough yet to feel the grief! Hugs to you honey.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Sorry but it happens as does your need to pay more attention to new born. The truth is you need to think about the life you gave that cat compared to so many on their own.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
So sorry. I'll have guilt about so many of my animals. We are human. So imperfect. Your cat loved you. He forgives your silly human ways. And what a great long life he had! He will be on the other side when you get there. Pay more attention then.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:30 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Sorry for your loss, but he's now at the Rainbow Bridge playing with other cats.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,698,737 times
Quote:

I am sorry for your loss. Never go back and think of the what ifs, it doesn't help. You can't go back in time and change what you should coulda woulda. The best thing you can do is think of the great times you had with your kitty. This is coming from someone that has experienced many deaths throughout my own life, human and animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge