Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 03:55 PM

28 posts, read 52,974 times

Advertisements

Like other posters, I am heart-broken over the loss of my pet, a golden tabby cat who was
about 9 years old. She walked into my life as a stray almost 7 years ago and was like a
puppy dog in a cat's body. She contracted oral cancer less than a year ago-- what a horrible
and disfiguring disease! I decided yesterday to say goodbye, because she was suffering
and started to choke on her saliva, and was bleeding quite a bit....just awful, and really
no treatment. It has been so difficult especially these few last weeks, that I drank a bit
to get the courage to bring her in! After this, I don't know that I want another pet....

My flat is lonelier without her...
thanks for reading,

gtrlvr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 08:46 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,833,140 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. Reconsider about another pet when you are ready. The joy that they bring is worth the pain of their loss.

Old 01-07-2016, 09:09 AM

thanks Cathy, I think it will just take a little time....

Old 01-07-2016, 10:28 AM

64 posts, read 83,808 times
My deepest condolences to you, and how unfair she was taken so young. You have been through a lot.

Be extra good to yourself. As you said. the grief gets better with time and she is not hurting any more.

Hugs from me and Miss Cozy

Old 01-07-2016, 01:21 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,362,586 times
So very sorry that you lost her. Take some comfort in the fact that she loved you, and knew that you loved her. As difficult as it was to do, you had the strength to do the right thing for her.
I've been through it more times than I want to think about, and it never gets any easier. Please don't let the pain of losing them keep you from adopting again. As the other poster said, it's a small price to pay for all they give us in return every day. Give it some time, and maybe reconsider. I'm sure your beloved cat would want you to give a good home to another, as you did for her.

Run free at the Bridge little cat.

Peace be with you OP.

Old 01-09-2016, 04:02 PM

thanks guys! Your kind words help me through the "pet grieving" process...we all have loss,
and this is another kind of loss that animal lovers go through....I am sure eventually I will adopt
again....thanks again,

gtrlvr

Old 02-09-2016, 12:53 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrlvr
thanks Cathy, I think it will just take a little time....
Oh my I am so sorry!!!!

Poor kitty cat

Im sorry for your loss!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge