Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,134,001 times

Advertisements

Movin'on, I so understand how you feel about your Teddy. I haven't reached a place I can look at pictures yet. I do have Nuggies collar secured to the little redwood box her ashes are in, but even looking at that rips me to shreds. I put a flower in a vase on it. I have nothing with her scent on it or I would be doing the same thing. Having two other dogs, they all exchanged beds and things. I still feel like I'm in a nightmare and will wake up soon and she'll be back. I can't accept she's gone forever. I'm sure you felt that way, yet now you're six months down the road and it still hurts. I've always said people who want to clone their pets are selfish, now, I wish I could then I could look at her again, hold her...no I'm not crazy or strange. I just love her too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 08:47 PM

56 posts, read 120,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3chidogs View Post
I still feel like I'm in a nightmare and will wake up soon and she'll be back. I can't accept she's gone forever.
Same goes for me. I have good days and I have bad days. But truthfully, the second I think about Elvis, I have to hold back the tears instantly.
I'm not in a place to accept that he's gone. Not yet. Not sure if I'll ever be there.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 PM

It's a long road, goldnstar. The sharp pain eventually will fade to a dull ache. But since Elvis will always be a part of you, you will never lose that sense of loss. But, I would rather feel that, I think (right now it hurts too much to be sure), than never have known the joy my Nugget gave me. Hard choice, isn't it?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 AM

Totally.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:17 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,979,304 times
You who are grieving the loss of a pet are normal and certainly not alone. Some vet schools even have pet grief hotlines for goodness sake! It's traumatic to lose a family member and just because there are people who don't understand, doesn't make it any less real. *hugs*

Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 PM

I'm sure we've all had these kinds of days. I managed to get through about three days without lapsing, then today, something pushed a button, some memory, some moment, and then I was sobbing helplessly again and the pain was all back. It comes and it goes. The space gets a little longer between the hurt, but it doesn't take much to bring it back. There is still the disbelief that this is real, the attempt to deny it because it just cannot be this way from now on. I still do not want to accept that I will never see her again. My heart won't let me. Yeah, today wasn't a good one. But, I did make it through 3 without crumbling, so I'm getting a little better. Hope you guys are doing better too.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
I'm sure we've all had these kinds of days. I managed to get through about three days without lapsing, then today, something pushed a button, some memory, some moment, and then I was sobbing helplessly again and the pain was all back. It comes and it goes. The space gets a little longer between the hurt, but it doesn't take much to bring it back. There is still the disbelief that this is real, the attempt to deny it because it just cannot be this way from now on. I still do not want to accept that I will never see her again. My heart won't let me. Yeah, today wasn't a good one. But, I did make it through 3 without crumbling, so I'm getting a little better. Hope you guys are doing better too.
This is my experience too. Today I'm okay, but over the weekend, I was crying and hurting all over again. I kept pretending like she was still here... waiting for me outside the bathroom or in the kitchen while I'm cooking. It's so hard to get used to the emptiness.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
My gosh, I thought I wrote that myself. That is exactly what I am going through. Every single bit of it.
I didn't cry for a couple days & I was so proud of myself! Then today I was putting makeup on in the bathroom and I looked down at the rug where Elvis would sit and wait for me until I was done (yes he was my little shadow and followed me literally everywhere). Yeah, he wasn't there. Sometimes I still forget. Hard habit to break I suppose.
Needless to say, that's all it took for the tears to start again.
One good thing is that I do find myself being able to smile when I think about him or look at a picture. It usually turns to tears because I miss him so much but at least I cry and smile at the same time remembering the cute things that he always did rather than sobbing out of control constantly like I use to. Well, that still happens sometimes too but definitely not as often. (((hugs))) to everyone.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:34 PM

67 posts, read 195,474 times
Goldnstar-

Absolutely the same thing that happened to me.

At first I was sad every time I thought about my pal. Had him for 14 years. He literally was by my side 24/7 for about half of those years, when I had a job where he could come with me. It was hard letting go.

After a while though.. things changed. I would think about him and smile.

After a few more months my wife and I would trade a story about him here and there and laugh hysterically about some of the stupid things he did.

I think there is great truth in the saying "time heals all wounds". Hang in there.

ps- another thing that helped me was I wrote a few lines about him and sent that, a photo, and donation to his breed rescue. His picture is now immortalized on their website. Anytime I want to see him, I just go to their website!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:46 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldnstar View Post
It's been a little over a month since Elvis (Pomeranian) is gone. My heart is still broken. I cry daily if not a few times a day. I feel like my family is looking at me strangely for not "recovering" as most of them have, so I hide in my bedroom or bathroom when I feel like I'm going to cry. There have been so many situations where the name "Elvis" has come up randomly or a dog that looks like his twin will show up while i'm out. I cant even count the number of times this has happened to me and my family.. too many to even explain. I dont know if its a sign or if i'm just being weird.
I go to sleep crying because he slept next to me for 15yrs. I wake up crying because he's not there. I have tried to keep my mind busy and I've been staying physically busier then usual and going out and about but nothing seems to be helping. I want to hold him again, so badly that I cuddle his blanket wishing it was him. Has anyone else ever gone through this? I feel like something is wrong with me.
I am right with you now. There is nothing wrong with you. Our pets were a huge part of our family. Just like a child. No different for me. I just had to put my Suzie down today. I will never get over this either. I have other dogs but I had her since she was six weeks old. She was my first dog as a young puppy. I will miss her forever and be upset for a long time. I still cry over my Rosie that was 7 years ago. I just put their collars together and they stay in my top drawer. God bles my Suzie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge