Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 04:50 PM

12 posts, read 23,115 times

Advertisements

We are interested in moving next year and were wondering if anyone had any experience with Seagroves Farm. Whats the area like? How are the homes? Schools?

Thank You!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Homes are tract-built by Standard Pacific, with commonly desirable upgrades available.
Small lots.
The pond will be a Town of Apex Park, when funds become available.
The location is good, although Center Street becomes congested. Making a left turn out of the entrance to Seagrove Farm can tax your patience.

Apex schools tend to be desirable, keeping in mind that all schools in Wake County are administered at the county level.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 PM

98 posts, read 301,805 times
This new community is the site of an old Historic Tabacco Farm that if my memory serves me correctly was faced with alot of opposition.Only thing to consider is the traffic since I can see it being congested and a busy intersection in that part of Apex (Ten-Ten,US1,Center). Apex is a great area though and has some top-notch schools.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:43 PM

397 posts, read 805,563 times
Do a search on here as it's been discussed before.

In a nutshell, I've looked in there a lot when I was in the market and think it's a very nice subdivison.

They are building a lot as of late. Prices are reasonable and standard pacific seems to build a really nice home in that price range.

I wouldn't hesitate to move in there.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:48 AM

229 posts, read 704,109 times
We just purchased our first home in Seagroves Farm and moved in just a few weeks ago. The location is super convenient, just about 2 miles to a really nice Harris Teeter and another mile or so gets to you Beaver Creek which has everything. About a mile from old town Apex which has some neat little places to shop and eat. As Mike mentioned, traffic when exiting the community can be a pain during rush hour but for most of the day it's super easy.

Standard Pacific really does do great work, and kept me in the loop through the whole process with a really great construction manager. They'll bend over backwards to keep you happy. The homes do come pretty well upgraded (crawl space, gourmet kitchen, corian surfaces standard, fiber cement siding, rear deck, hardwood, wainscoting, chair rail, crown molding, garage door opener, dual zone HVAC, etc... We had looked at other Standard Pacific communities (Brightleaf, Laurel Park) and decided the slightly higher price at Seagroves was easily worth the upgrades and far better location.

They are definitely moving along here with construction, I believe there are 48 lots left and they have been closing 6-7/month I believe. There are at least 8-10 homes in varying stages of construction, most are already sold. Feel free to message me if you have questions.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:09 PM

757 posts, read 2,083,633 times
I have a couple of friends that bought standard pacific townhomes in Durham, I believe it's "elm's grove". They were really happy with the quality and choices in finishes.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:45 AM

62 posts, read 151,783 times
We almost moved there...great schools, nice location, houses are definitely nice. Lots are small and yes to the conjestion. Might be tough hanging a left out of the Sub during rush-hour. Prices are nice for what you get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary