Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 AM

447 posts, read 1,619,186 times

Advertisements

The bear was in a lexus SUV with an OBX sticker on the bumper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,051,718 times
must be a slow day at work!!

Old 06-25-2010, 05:25 AM

4,276 posts, read 5,931,553 times
Default Did anyone read the article?

According to the article,

Quote:
The biggest cut was so deep and wide that doctors couldn't sew it up. So doctors bandaged Oliver and told him to keep pressure on the lacerations.

Sent him home with no treatment?!? No stitches, no tentnus shot, no mega doses of antibiotics?

It sounds to me as if this guy was out working on his car late at night, had a few too many brewskies, and got his wrist in the radiator fan. A concocted bear story was a better tale for his drinking buddy friends than the truth.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:05 AM

126 posts, read 314,055 times
I find myself lucky every time I get to see a black bear at my house, no - not the house in the triangle! We had a beautiful 1-2 year old come through and bend my bird feeders on poles to the ground to have a quick meal. He came up on the porch then to get the one on the railing as I took his/her pictures from 10 feet, neither was scared of the other. Black bears are not grizzlies. But, the heat makes us do crazy things, I guess...

Old 06-26-2010, 10:48 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
does anyone else think it sounds fishy that "the cut was so deep and wide it could not be stitched" and he was sent home and told to apply pressure.

Too deep and wide for stitches seems like it would require surgery.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:49 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,864,172 times
Earlier this year I went to an ER. I was in the waiting area near a window. A man was bringing a woman into the ER. Just as they were about to step on the pathway to the door, the woman had a seizure and collapsed. The person at the front desk refused to leave the building and the intake nurse could not have been more disinterested. The person who brought me in got up and went into the back to demand that someone come see about this woman. They finally called 911 and had an ambulance bring her about ten feet inside the building. Granted, they can't transport her without assistance, but it was VERY cold that day (it was under 30 degrees outside) and it seems like they could have brought her some blankets or something.

Gone are the days when human behavior is dictated by what is right versus the insurmountable fear of being sued all the time.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 06-28-2010 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 07-03-2010, 08:54 PM

4,251 posts, read 3,170,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
Wait, in Cary, right? So was the bear in a beige Lexus or a silver one?

Now that's funny!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary