Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:31 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
REFRESHING??? NY/NJ has been HOT & HUMID for days (it's 10:30 PM and awful right now). Summer is not much differnt from NC and I've been living in both places (NJ/NC) for two 1/2 years now. I have to spend one more winter up here and then I'm out of here. Can't wait!

As for Heritage II, we looked there and I loved it...DH, not so much (he wasn't crazy about living near a lot of little kids since ours are in college now.
When we walk by the new section with just ranch homes, I never see any kids. I think those target folks with kids that are older and have moved out. There is that one section called "the ranches". They are brand new and still buiding them. I've seen people on there front porches there and appear to be 50's and up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,249 times
Getting back to the OP...

We looked hard at that section of Heritage and absolutely loved it. Beautiful houses, nice neighborhood, great amenities.

The only drawback for us is that the people did not seem as friendly as other parts of the triangle, although it is tough to get an accurate feel for this when visiting. But we did get a very "NY" feel to it as opposed to a "Southern" feel.

Also, prices seemed a little higher than comparable neighborhoods. But, all in all, this is probably where we would have moved if we had tons of cash.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:58 PM

3 posts, read 7,026 times
While Heritage is beautiful, we moved into a development a few miles down the road (Highland Creek). Heritage would have been perfect for us, except that it would have tacked 10minutes on to my husbands 35minute commute to work. Highland Creek has a really nice community pool and fitness center included in your HOA, which isn't too expensive at all. There are a mix of 50+ in the ranchers, a mix of young and older in the townhouses, and mostly families with kids in the single family homes (where we are). So far we love it here and have only been here since March (we moved from South NJ). Good luck with your move

Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM

633 posts, read 1,165,108 times
This is a great thread. We will check out Heritage ll!! :-) What are some of the streets there?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 PM

8 posts, read 13,860 times
We are looking for a home in Wake Forest after finally selling our home in the beautiful mountains of Moorefield, WV. My husband and I retired early from the Annapolis, MD area and honestly love WV, the people are wonderful, the mountains and rivers are beautiful but the conveniences are "not"!! It is 65 miles to the nearest mall, that would be 65 mi. east to Winchester, VA or 65 mi. south to Harrisonburg, VA or 65 mi. north to Cumberland, MD and that is where the medical facilities are located also. Our daughter lives in Bedford and we are interested in Heritage in Wake Forest. We are both very young 70 year olds and are looking forward to living in NC and finding new friends and many conveniences. Our biggest problem we are told will be learning how to drive on straight roads without big hills!! ;o) Traffic may be a small issue tho we do handle it well on our visits to Bedford. Looking forward to meeting some of you "soon"!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:00 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
This is a great thread. We will check out Heritage ll!! :-) What are some of the streets there?
Heritage has its own website so you should be able to get more information.

One of the roads going into the 2nd section is Marshall Farm Road. You should be able to determine the other streets from that.

Be aware that if you are looking at brand new homes, the onsite agents work for the builder so you'll want to bring in your own buyer's agent.

Vicki

Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 AM

374 posts, read 1,598,829 times
I live in Heritage II and LOVE it. Let me clarify though that the elementary school is Jones Dairy , not HES. No plans to relocate them as far as I know. HES is pretty crowded. Also there are not tons of gated playgrounds. There are 2 for kids over the age 5 and one for under 5, but they have strange equipment and my kids rarely go there. LOVE LOVE LOVE the greenways and the neighbors.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:11 AM

488 posts, read 1,555,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson185 View Post
Since they did away with busing students, the elementary school is only about a 3 minute drive from our section...so that will be super easy getting ready for school in the morning. .
That's not exactly true as Heritage II kids go to Jones Dairy not Heritage Elementary.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:12 AM

Oops sorry I didn't see the other post clarifying the Elementary School situation. Also I think Heritage II is still districted to Knightdale High, did they change that to Heritage?

Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
Mashall Farm Runs through both sections. Orange Cosmos, Prairie Smoke, Heritage View Trail are a few that I can think of off the top of my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary