Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 03:06 PM

633 posts, read 1,164,655 times

Advertisements

Okay, anything anyone is willing to share with me about Heritage, the schools, Wake Forest, neighboring communities etcetera would be most appreciated. Good and bad, any perspective. My older daughter will be starting her nursing career there, I'm a RN too. Right now our younger kids are ages 9 and 10. 4th and 5th grade this year.

We have made about 12 prior trips to Wake prior to this one, and have made the decision on Wake Forest. We keep returning to Heritage and are also interested in resales there.

Thank you all so much :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,929,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
Okay, anything anyone is willing to share with me about Heritage, the schools, Wake Forest, neighboring communities etcetera would be most appreciated. Good and bad, any perspective. My older daughter will be starting her nursing career there, I'm a RN too. Right now our younger kids are ages 9 and 10. 4th and 5th grade this year.

We have made about 12 prior trips to Wake prior to this one, and have made the decision on Wake Forest. We keep returning to Heritage and are also interested in resales there.

Thank you all so much :-)
Wake Forest is a great place. One thing we realized after living here several years is we need to make an effort to see other areas around Raleigh more. There is so much here we hardly ever have to leave.

We live in the Heritage area (Dansforth neighborhood) and it is great. Walking sidewalks and trails around us and all kinds of family activities at places like the Factory, the nearby WRAL Soccer Park, etc. All the schools around are good no matter where Wake County ships your kids.

Not sure what else I can say but I think your family would be happy here. If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:09 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,964 times
My sister- and brother-in-law just moved to Heritage and they LOVE it. They're retired, but surrounded by families with little kids. The kids play ALL OVER the neighborhood and are very safe but DRIVE SLOWLY ALWAYS AND PAY ATTENTION. That seems to be the only danger.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,499 times
Default Relocation to Wake Forest

We're also considering relocation to WF, specifically the Dansforth Community. I noticed that statistically, Dansforth had a very high property crime rate (compared to other neighborhoods in WF). Can anyone tell me if crime has died down in this community over recent years? I'm hoping it was just an isolated string of incidents that drove the numbers so high. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-29-2014, 12:54 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,929,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkdmom3 View Post
We're also considering relocation to WF, specifically the Dansforth Community. I noticed that statistically, Dansforth had a very high property crime rate (compared to other neighborhoods in WF). Can anyone tell me if crime has died down in this community over recent years? I'm hoping it was just an isolated string of incidents that drove the numbers so high. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated
High property crime rate - Where are you seeing that? I think that is absurd.

I live in Dansforth and there are no problems here whatsoever. I don't know anyone who's had any crime, etc. The only thing we've heard of is a few occasions where people get things swiped out of a car but in every case that I'm aware of the car was left outside and UNLOCKED. DUH! You know.....the typical teenager swipe. I've been here 8 years and never heard of any type of incident that would concern me and if there was it would be broadcasted on our neighborhood message board/blog.

We are walking distance away from Heritage.....it's the same type of area. Nothing to see here.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:05 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,701,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkdmom3 View Post
There were some kids going through unlocked cars a couple of years back...I think they hit Dansforth along with quite a few other subdivisions. (They got me for about 78 cents.) They were most looking for loose change and often left high dollar items.

Ah...other than that....no clue why you would think that Dansforth is a high crime area.

Old 03-29-2014, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
High property crime rate - Where are you seeing that? I think that is absurd.

I live in Dansforth and there are no problems here whatsoever. I don't know anyone who's had any crime, etc. The only thing we've heard of is a few occasions where people get things swiped out of a car but in every case that I'm aware of the car was left outside and UNLOCKED. DUH! You know.....the typical teenager swipe. I've been here 8 years and never heard of any type of incident that would concern me and if there was it would be broadcasted on our neighborhood message board/blog.

We are walking distance away from Heritage.....it's the same type of area. Nothing to see here.
The information I found was on a realtor.com site, but I've been leery to trust the numbers, as it wasn't listing the sources for the information. I think one of the best sources of information is from someone actually living there, so thank you for sharing!!

Old 03-30-2014, 02:08 PM

18 posts, read 29,894 times
Wake Forest is a such a neat place and Heritage seem to be very popular. We have friends who live in Dansforth and they were able to get a lot more for their money there than in Heritage. They have a pool as part of the community but in Heritage you'll have to join the swim club.

Old 03-30-2014, 05:17 PM

62 posts, read 153,478 times
Heritage is beautiful and resale value is pretty secure. However, you can get larger homes just as nice, and in some cases more custom, and on more spacious lots, in surrounding communities for a lot less money. Dansforth, Saddle Run, ThornRose, Averette Ridge are a few that are moments away from the Heritage conveniences, and you get a lot more for your money (and still assigned to the same schools in many cases as you would be in Heritage). Plus, it's expensive to join the Heritage Swim Club. We live in Saddle Run and got much more house and land than we could have gotten in Heritage (yet, we're one street over from Heritage) and we joined Granite Falls for a lot less than we could join Heritage, and have a lot more amenities (the gym, swim lessons, child care and more). Good luck.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:22 PM

494 posts, read 815,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakCityGirl View Post
Wake Forest is a such a neat place and Heritage seem to be very popular. We have friends who live in Dansforth and they were able to get a lot more for their money there than in Heritage. They have a pool as part of the community but in Heritage you'll have to join the swim club.
It is optional whether Heritage residents want to pay for access to the swimming pools and/or the golf course. I wouldn't have purchased in Heritage otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary