Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 04:39 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times

Advertisements

I'm set to arrive July 21 so anytime after that. We're really exicted and it's hard to believe the time is just around the corner. Thank goodness that I'm married to a "moving God"..he has everything under control and the only thing he's needed from me is to write down my magazine subscriptions for forwarding..really! He's driving from Calfornia and I'm traveling with the cat and sedatives.
Thanks ya-all for all your help (practicing my southern accent)
Fondly, Donna Webster

Signed
one-of-the-cooks
Donna
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 05:30 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
Donna,

We'll be arriving on July 21 too. I wish I was married to a "moving God" though. We are figuring it out as we go along!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:08 PM

607 posts, read 2,430,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
I'm set to arrive July 21 so anytime after that. We're really exicted and it's hard to believe the time is just around the corner. Thank goodness that I'm married to a "moving God"..he has everything under control and the only thing he's needed from me is to write down my magazine subscriptions for forwarding..really! He's driving from Calfornia and I'm traveling with the cat and sedatives.
Thanks ya-all for all your help (practicing my southern accent)
Fondly, Donna Webster

Signed
one-of-the-cooks
Donna
Okay, well I will just jump in with both feet, I would like to meet up with as many people that can make it at the Carolina Ale house. I think I have been to that one, is that the one that we went to Lolligrump?? It is right across from "The Red Roof Inn" in Cary. It had a great outside area that was fairly large, I am sure I could ask to reserve a area that we can all meet at.
Okay now for the date and time. I have thought and thought, weekday? Weeknight? Weekend. Well I came up with July 28th at 4:00 PM. That way Saulki Lover, and Jatlas can come. That would be on a Saturday at 4:00 PM, so there won't be to much traffic for everyone, and it is early enough that we don't have to be out late, I hope that sounds good to everyone. If it is a major problem for lots of you, we can rethink it. Okay???

Your new neighbor, and happy to be here. Liz

Old 06-24-2007, 06:21 PM

123 posts, read 485,852 times
Thanks for just making the decision! Hopefully we will be there..did we decide about the little ones? Ours are 3 and 1 but we are moving back "home" so we have TWO SETS of grandparents we can leave them with...yeah...we'll do that!!! nevermind!!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:23 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Must it be in Cary at the Carolina Ale House? Is this a done deal? Though if it's on a Saturday then it's not such a problem to drive over there. Would be great if we could have these things all over the triangle though, rather than just Cary.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:26 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,360 times
Thanks for arranging it so that we can come! We will put it on the calendar. Our first NC activity! Hubby seems a bit worried about meeting up with strangers but you really don't feel like strangers to me.

Jackie

Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 PM

I'll pull up one of the old threads where our pics from first meet-up was held - my husband was a little leary but we really had fun and you can leave at any time. I like the idea of Cary Ale House . . let's set a date!

Old 06-24-2007, 06:42 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Must it be in Cary at the Carolina Ale House? Is this a done deal? Though if it's on a Saturday then it's not such a problem to drive over there. Would be great if we could have these things all over the triangle though, rather than just Cary.
The last meet up was up in Brier Creek. So the meetings are not happening in just Cary.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:43 PM

Cary sounds great Liz. I know it's hard when you're new to an area and you don't have family to help with childcare so I say bring the little ones. Maybe the next one we do we can have at a park which is more family friendly. Just an idea.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:44 PM

108 posts, read 559,567 times
We closed on our house in Creedmoor this last Friday but will not arrive until the first week of August....hopefully we can catch the next meet up. We are definitely excited to get out of California...but must take care of a few last details before leaving.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary