Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 08:34 AM

297 posts, read 740,749 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find if Cary or Morrisville (which one is it?) has plans to improve or reroute Carpenter Firestation east of 55. The whole Carpenter area is a mess right now, so I'm curious to know if anything will be done to alleviate the congestion or if they are hoping it all goes away when McCrimmons reopens.

On the wistful side, the Carpenter area is/was such a beautiful farm area that I hate to see the changes taking place. Still, I'm as guilty as the next for contributing to the area's transformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 11:36 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,865,120 times
It's Cary and I think it will take many years for work Carpenter Firestation Road to be improved on a piecemeal basis getting developers to fund the various stages . Not only will McCrimmon reopen to traffic soon, but the plan is also to extend Morrisville Parkway through to Green Level Church Rd - work seems to be progressing fast from Davis Drive thru to NC55 and I have no idea when the 55 to Green Level section will be completed, but who knows they may even have an intersection with 540 as well

Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 AM

379 posts, read 959,533 times
Here's a map, from the TOC, that shows the "planned" re-routing- blow it up to 400% & look under #21- the dotted grey line with arrow depicts the change.

http://www.townofcary.org/__shared/assets/Northwest_Area_Plan_Map16433.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary