Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 07:20 PM

120 posts, read 236,405 times

Advertisements

I have read some post regarding the Weldon Ridge neighborhood regarding to the new construction and the builder. Posters had concerns with purchasing a home and the builder changing plans or going bankrupt with open lots. Would you have those same issues with the Amberly neighborhood? Looks more established or that may always be a risk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 10:19 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,570 times
Anytime you purchase in a new neighborhood you run the risk of the builder changing plans and/or pulling out of the neighborhood. I've been in the new homes industry for 5 years now and I have seen it happen first hand. It's not a fun thing to deal with either.

As far as Amberly is concerned, there are really only three sections that are actively building new homes. I don't see Carolina Preserve reducing their pricing or pulling out because of the gold mine they build their homes on and in my professional opinion Village Square and The Peninsula have enough established homeowners in their neighborhood that I think the builders that are in place are going to make every effort to preserve the value of the homes already built.

That being said....my crystal ball is in the shop right now......

Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,934 times
most of the Amberly neighborhoods are build out already and finished (KB Homes, Pulte)
Peninsula I believe is the custom section that is still in progress. When I looked there a few years ago demand was slower because it's in the Chatham County section.

How are the brownstones along the main street doing? Their pricing was kind of high a few years ago.

let me know when that crystal ball is out of the shop so i can borrow it LOL

Old 08-18-2010, 01:21 PM

Thanks all for the info. Is being in the chatham county section a bad thing? Also, I heard that the owner of the remainder land may have been sold/changed so we are trying to get more info on that.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:46 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,934 times
some people who have kids prefer to be in wake county schools (closer and better I think), that's the only difference

Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Thanks. We just found out some of the open land is now owned by the FDIC. While I don't completely understand it all, they say we should be concerned about the remainder open land and what will happen to them and how that would effect any of the existing Penisula homes.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:58 PM

1,310 posts, read 2,940,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas33 View Post
Thanks. We just found out some of the open land is now owned by the FDIC. While I don't completely understand it all, they say we should be concerned about the remainder open land and what will happen to them and how that would effect any of the existing Penisula homes.
In Village Square, most of the open land could not be developed since the bank that held the note went into receivership. The FDIC took over the bank. Now I saw that the original company that started the development has taken over the open parcels. The rest remains to be seen. I'm wondering who the they is you refer to. Stop in at the Village Square sales office and talk to Kevin about it all.

HOWEVER....there are plenty of vacant lots within Village Square that can be developed are are being built on. At least 8 new homes have been built north of McCrimmon and several more south of McCrimmon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary