Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2010, 08:51 PM

75 posts, read 173,303 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We (my 2 year old daughter, husband and I) are planning to move to NC soon most likely Cary or surrounding area. My husband will be working in RTP. We lived in east coast (VA) for 10 years and moved to Colorado last year. I hate CO because of the weather and location (Theres nothing to goto during long weekends except than mountains and I am not a big fan of mountains. You have to fly to go anywhere whereas NC location wise is awesome. Beaches, big cities everything is drivable). But we love the city life and culture here. We have visited Raleigh/Durham area few times as our friends live there but never thought of moving while living in east coast.

I have a few questions in my mind regarding Raleigh/NC:

1. The biggest question of all-Is the area safe as per crime goes? Here in CO or back in VA, we have or had a nice downtown setup where you could go at 10 in the night on the weekends and the restaurants would be jam packed and the place would be lively.

2. What are the places that are good for buying a house which are family oriented, safe, good schools and prices of houses are affordable (around 300-400K)?

3. Is this place family oriented like are there things to do with children or families on weekends?

4. During summer, we get to experience street concerts, fairs, carnivals etc in CO where we can go as a family. Are there any events like this organized for families in the area?

4. I know alot of people talked about the weather in this forum, but I like hot summer weather, so I wont mind humidity and all and that too after experiencing the extreme CO winter. Anything else you might want to share about the area that can help make our decision?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 09:02 PM

43,268 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Home

Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival to Draw Tens of Thousands to Downtown Cary

Recreation & Entertainment

Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources

Crime Analysis (http://townofcary.org/Departments/Police_Department/Records/Crime_Analysis.htm - broken link)
Crime data link at the bottom of the page.

$300,000--$400,000 will get you a creditable home in most of Wake County, including Cary.

Wake County Public Schools

Town of Apex: Apex, NC

The Official City of Raleigh Portal

We are going into our 14th year in Cary, and have never felt unsafe in the Triangle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary