Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:40 PM

102 posts, read 205,376 times

Advertisements

If you could, what kind of rest/bar would you open and why?

We have some ideas, but would love to hear the local perspective as to what you think would be successful. Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers View Post
If you could, what kind of rest/bar would you open and why?

We have some ideas, but would love to hear the local perspective as to what you think would be successful. Thanks all.
Oops...Also not to forget the transplants, wanted to ask what type of rest/bar you miss from home and would like to see in your neighborhoods. For me, I miss a good kosher frank, knish, and Dr Brown's Cream soda.

Yum.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:18 PM

379 posts, read 959,533 times
Quote:
Oops...Also not to forget the transplants, wanted to ask what type of rest/bar you miss from home and would like to see in your neighborhoods. For me, I miss a good kosher frank, knish, and Dr Brown's Cream soda.

Yum.
I go to Ben's every time I'm up on L.I.
Dr.Browns Black Cherry for me

I miss not having a diner- I know that's a tough business having to be open 24/7 though!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:13 PM

72 posts, read 158,389 times
WAKE FOREST!!!!! PLEASE!!!! With a patio!!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Anyone else have favorite foods that aren't easily found in the local areas? We're looking for ideas of what people are interested in for our new restaurant.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:27 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
Quote:
Anyone else have favorite foods that aren't easily found in the local areas? We're looking for ideas of what people are interested in for our new restaurant.
Blackened catfish with shrimp & crabmeat in a lemon garlic butter sauce served with dirty rice. Yum Yum!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:56 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,825,961 times
I think there are a lot of people from up north opening pizza parlors, deli's and bagel shops.

I was in NYC recently and they opened a place called Eataly. That place was awesome! It's pretty lofty for a place like Cary, but I could see a place like that expanding as it gains popularity. Eataly New York

Eataly is a store/restaurant like A Southern Season and the Weathervane in Chapel Hill.

Another type of restaurant the we need is a good seafood restaurant.

We're also missing the nighttime component in non-downtown areas.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
Babyboomers - I guess I would be more interested in hearing what it is you do well. Everybody rants about things they want to see, but the truth is, we have most things - some are just executed poorly or suffer from poor location choice.

I know a bagel shop in N. Raleigh that is booming. I also know a bagel place that closed its doors after 1 year. THe difference between the two is one place knew what they were doing and the other seemed to have the "if you build it they will come" mentality and didn't focus on the product or good service.

If you can build a better mouse trap, and pick a good location it really doesn't matter if you offer a food that isn't already found here. People tend to frequent places known for quality. Making it easy for them to find you can help too.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:24 PM

What do you all think about a good breakfast/lunch place in Morrisville? Think it'll be a success?

located here... Morrisville Square Shopping Center, Neighborhood Center, 140 Morrisville Square Way, Morrisville, NC

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 11-05-2010 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Links to real estate listings are NOT allowed, per the Terms of Service

Old 11-04-2010, 07:36 PM

379 posts, read 959,533 times
I've passed by that shopping center (Morrisville Square) a million times & have NEVER pulled in-IMO the visibility is poor. Park Place is better, however I think NW CARY is a GOLD MINE- we are just waiting for someone to open up in the shopping center by Cary Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary