Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 AM

633 posts, read 1,165,363 times

Advertisements

Can someone recommend a hotel for us? We stayed at the Marriott in Raleigh and it had a bedbug and blood stains on the pull out couch. It was disgusting and we left in the middle of the night after a looonnng drive. We stayed at some nice places but they were far out.....because we needed a pet friendly hotel. This time we aren't bringing the dog. We need a place with continental breakfast and a microwave and fridge in the room. We are looking in Wake Forest mostly, but will drive out to Holly Springs, and Cary, even N.Raleigh.

Thank you for any and all suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 08:40 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
Embassy Suites in North Raleigh, across the street from the Crabtree Valley Mall has an indoor pool and a breakfast. Always fun for the kids at the end of the day!

There is a brand new Hampton Inn at Crabtree, as well.

This is about 20 min. from Wake Forest.

There is a couple of different hotels in WF near Hwy. 98 that I've had clients stay at.

Vicki

Old 02-03-2014, 08:44 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,579,051 times
There's a bunch of new hotels all over the place. There's an Embassy Suite and Hampton Inn right in the heart of Brier Creek. There's also a brand new Hampton Inn right next to Crabtree Valley Mall. All of them put you in super convenient locations and near tons of restaurants and shopping - all offer free continental breakfast.

When we visited all three times we stayed in the same general area because it was so convenient to drive anywhere we wanted to check out.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 AM

4,264 posts, read 4,719,385 times
Which Marriott in Raleigh did you have the bad experience at -- downtown, Crabtree, or one of the other Marriott brands (Residence, Courtyard, Renaissance, etc)?

Old 02-03-2014, 08:56 AM

It was the Residence! Terrible, terrible experience!

Old 02-03-2014, 08:57 AM

311 posts, read 888,273 times
If you need dog friendly hotel again in Wake Forest, the Candlewood Suites is probably one of the best places to stay in Wake Forest. It is just over a year old. It does not have breakfast, but every room has a kitchen. There are many quick and even sit down breakfast places close by (Briggs for sit down service and just about every fast food joint you could name). My brother stayed there at Christmas and had no complaints (he lives in Manhattan and honestly, is hard to please).

Candlewood Suites near Raleigh, Hotel in Wake Forest North Carolina

I cannot recommend the Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn in Wake Forest, both had less than stellar service and no frills rooms. There is one bed and breakfast in the historic North Main residential area, called the Lions Gate Inn . It looks lovely and I would love to stay there. LionsGate Homepage

Old 02-03-2014, 09:05 AM

494 posts, read 816,774 times
The Lions Gate Inn has a suite that would meet your needs of a refrigerator, microwave and breakfast. It is a Bed and Breakfast. But there is an outside entrance, two bedrooms and a kitchen. You would also get a fully cooked breakfast. Lions Gate In They have other options as well.

Wake Forest also has a Sleep Inn; The Hampton Inn; Candlewood Suites; and The Holiday Inn Express. I've stayed at the Lions Gate Inn, The Sleep Inn and Hampton Inn before I moved to the area. It just depends on what you are looking for as sometimes I am just looking for a bed to sleep and other times I want something a little nicer.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:15 AM

I will have two kids with me ages 9 and 10

Old 02-03-2014, 09:28 AM

181 posts, read 387,603 times
I would probably go with the Embassy near Brier Creek. It's very easy access to I-540, fairly new and within a shopping center in case you need a Target, Walmart, movie for the kids, food (mostly chain restaurants) etc... Just curious; did you stay at the Residence near Crabtree or the one near midtown?

Old 02-03-2014, 09:29 AM

4,264 posts, read 4,719,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
It was the Residence! Terrible, terrible experience!
There are two in Raleigh. Whichever, call the Marriott HQ at (301) 380-3000 and complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary