Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,313 times

Advertisements

Whoa! Thanks so much to all the people that have been posting!! It's interesting to see how some people don't care, while others feel so strongly against it. I think it shouldn't matter one bit because I feel what I do outside of work is my business. However, for some reason teachers really are held to a higher standard and I know it could really ruin my reputation with the parents. I know that administration would really not say too much, besides it not being perceived well by parents, but besides that they could do nothing. I work really hard to have a great relationship with all my parents, even after their kids move on from my classroom. I could just see some parent finding out and that gossip spreading like wildfire. I guess it's really not worth it to risk that happening even if the restaurant is 30 minutes from my school. Also, tuborgP made a good point about my former students. My first group of kids are in 8th grade this year and that would be pretty awkward to see some of them in that outfit. Also, I could see someone snapping a cell pic and that getting around too. That would be very very bad!!! So after some thinking, and chuckling to some of the responses, ABP27 has decided AGAINST working at Hooters. I'm going to put out an ad for tutoring instead. Not nearly as fun as slinging hot wings and stirring up some controversy, but in the end it's just not worth all the drama!!! Thanks y'all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 05:23 PM

521 posts, read 1,598,225 times
You have chosen...wisely.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:33 PM

16 posts, read 19,214 times
OP: Nobody here is right. Nobody here is wrong. But, it's a 7 page thread, that should indicate that your idea is controversial and I'd avoid it like the plague. However, if you do work at Hooters, please PM name, you sound hot.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:52 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromtexas2 View Post
OP: Nobody here is right. Nobody here is wrong. But, it's a 7 page thread, that should indicate that your idea is controversial and I'd avoid it like the plague. However, if you do work at Hooters, please PM name, you sound hot.
Betcha a lot of dads have read this thread and would love to have her tutor their kids. I know you said this jokingly but that's the problem the same thing would happen in real life.
Raleigh Airport Hooters Bike Wash | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/13508611@N06/5005011251/ - broken link)

The above is not for the faint of hear and I hope it doesn't violate the TOS. If it does it suggests she is doing the wise thing staying away from the job. It is pictures of the Airport Hooter Girls at their car wash. I guess she could decline to participate and her boss would understand. On the other hand I bet I am not the only one wondering what she looks like. Maybe those of us who were helpful could get a picture via PM

Last edited by TuborgP; 11-26-2010 at 06:00 PM..

Old 11-26-2010, 08:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Betcha a lot of dads have read this thread and would love to have her tutor their kids. I know you said this jokingly but that's the problem the same thing would happen in real life.
Raleigh Airport Hooters Bike Wash | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/13508611@N06/5005011251/ - broken link)

The above is not for the faint of hear and I hope it doesn't violate the TOS. If it does it suggests she is doing the wise thing staying away from the job. It is pictures of the Airport Hooter Girls at their car wash. I guess she could decline to participate and her boss would understand. On the other hand I bet I am not the only one wondering what she looks like. Maybe those of us who were helpful could get a picture via PM
Good god I hope the kids and their parents don't find out where she like's to go swimming ! because they probably will get a better picture there then at HOOTERS, Ha Ha .

Old 11-27-2010, 08:15 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalrenee View Post
The frozen wages at WCPSS are essentially a pay cut - teachers are making the exact same this year as they were 2 school years ago, with no increase in steps. If you were a teacher who was banking on that increase in pay, especially between years 4 and 5, and you're still stuck at year 3 salary - it is essentially a cut wage. I am supposed to make Y, but am being kept at X.
I wasn't arguing the point as to what wake co teachers make or if they deserve a raise, or how much they've made in the last couple of yrs., etc.. I was responding to the poster from S. Calif. who stated teachers had rec'd a pay cut. I did this to show that the poster was talking about S. Calif and NOT Wake Co. - we don't need the waters muddied by someone who is comparing

I understand the basics of not receiving a pay raise which is essentially a pay cut when you adjust for inflation. You are preaching to the choir! I have teacher friends, been on the PTA and advocated for Wake Co teachers in this respect.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:09 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABP27 View Post
So after some thinking, and chuckling to some of the responses, ABP27 has decided AGAINST working at Hooters. I'm going to put out an ad for tutoring instead.
"Better safe than sorry" is one of those saying I heard often when I was growing up. The Hooter's gig may have opened up a can of worms for you in the long run....maybe not. You made the right decision...and a wise one

Old 11-27-2010, 10:30 AM

234 posts, read 822,516 times
Is it a big deal no....but unfortuntely you have the people here that cant mind there own business and will make issues for you. People need to make some money, it is not like she said she was going to go and work on the corner....get a life!!!

Good luck!!

John

Old 11-27-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Good god I hope the kids and their parents don't find out where she like's to go swimming ! because they probably will get a better picture there then at HOOTERS, Ha Ha .
That has happened. Social networking sites are a contributor to many school related issues. Some districts have policies if students post about staff.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNC View Post
Is it a big deal no....but unfortuntely you have the people here that cant mind there own business and will make issues for you. People need to make some money, it is not like she said she was going to go and work on the corner....get a life!!!

Good luck!!

John
Mind their own business? She solicited opinions in a public forum and thanked folks for their varied responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary