Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 02:00 PM

871 posts, read 3,018,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Why is it necessary to insult and demean police officers as part of this discussion?

And Red Sox and Patriots fans!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 02:04 PM

Took special note today at the multitude of traffic lights I was stopped at and many, many frames are still obscuring. I love the plates that have NORTH CAROLINA completely obscured and the registration sticker expired in August. Just set off a few skyrockets to attract more attention.........

Old 12-02-2010, 02:57 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
And Red Sox and Patriots fans!!
At least I respect the police. Being a cop isn't a bandwagon thing.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:21 PM

42 posts, read 101,686 times
Default ? ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Maybe the cop who has to run your plates cares. Maybe he or she would like to know just who might be in that car before they have to step up to the window, and knowing which state issued the plate is an important fact. Your plate is there for identification, period.
To CHTransplant: And an officer can't run your plate if the words North Carolina are partially obstructed? If our police officers can't recognize our own state's plates, then we have big problems!

Old 12-02-2010, 08:56 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,534,136 times
There was a story about this on the news. Majority of the lawmakers that passed the law had trim plates on their cars. lol

Talked to my friend who is a police officer today and asked him if they were going to be searching for this. His response was that they were but were giving only warning tickets until the 5th.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:48 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
I like the plate frames, they are aesthetically pleasing to me. Nice Chrome one around the plate makes it look nicer.

I don't see how they interfere with anything, including the camera system, just lazy programmers I guess. Especially with all those vanity plates they offer, how is a little frame messing with their camera system? Oh wait they don't make money of the frames like they do with the vanity plates.

The business of gov't at work.
There are also times when a citizen needs to read a plate quickly, such as reporting a drunk or otherwise careless driver. We had that situation in Durham a few years ago when someone spotted a drunk driver & called it in, following and giving location as they went along. I'm somewhat of an anarchist myself, not a fan of big brother, but I understand the need to be able to quickly identify plates. Otherwise, we could just do without them.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:51 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pansygal View Post
To CHTransplant: And an officer can't run your plate if the words North Carolina are partially obstructed? If our police officers can't recognize our own state's plates, then we have big problems!
How about officers in another state? Believe it or not, people travel around quite a lot. An officer in New England states may not see enough of our plates to quickly recognize them. Some things are better kept simple.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
How about officers in another state? Believe it or not, people travel around quite a lot. An officer in New England states may not see enough of our plates to quickly recognize them. Some things are better kept simple.
Anyone in New England that see's a southern plate just laughs and says to themselves "yeah, you thought the grass was greener". It isn't.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
At least I respect the police. Being a cop isn't a bandwagon thing.
But their bandwagons have wheels.......not so the birds LOL.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 PM

446 posts, read 1,394,578 times
I guess I understand the law....but as long as the stickers are not covered, what's the big deal? Just another way for government to make money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary