Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,537 times

Advertisements

My wife and I work at home, so we like to get out for lunch together. Finally, after months of waiting and seeing "Coming Soon" signs, the place opened. We went in today for lunch and met the owner, a very nice lady fresh in from Thailand.

The food was great and the pricing is very attractive. I assume it's pretty authentic. The lunch special was $8 and you get a main course, appetizer, and drink. Buy 5 and the 6th is free. Great value. It's a little short on decor, but perhaps she needs time on that. I care more about the food.

The food was delicious. We'll definitely be going back. Now I can avoid the longer drive (and long waits) to Lemongrass and, although I loved it dearly, Sawasdee can't compete.

She plans to begin doing delivery (!!) in February but asked for patience as she becomes familiar with the area. We discussed the use of in-car GPS

Go give them a try. I hope to see them do well and stay in business. It's right next to the Food Lion and nail place, same strip as Hayashi and the new Wakefield Tavern which we also recently tried and liked. Decor there is amazing and prices are good. Service is often slow, but we met the owners and gave them some feedback so maybe they're working on it.

NOTE: I have no affiliation with either place whatsoever. Just a local hoping to see the businesses do well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 02:55 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,471,745 times
Oh man thats great to hear! Thanks for sharing.

I'm from Asheville and have a Thai place thats the best in a world. It is one of the things I'm going to really miss when having to move to wake forest.
I'll have to try it soon!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,803 times
Bedford Sushi and Grill just opened this weekend in Bedford (surprise!), and it's also excellent. They have a full Thai and Japanese menu plus a few Chinese dishes.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Bedford Sushi and Grill just opened this weekend in Bedford (surprise!), and it's also excellent. They have a full Thai and Japanese menu plus a few Chinese dishes.
Cool! You should post that separately so people looking for info on Bedford know about it.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM

76 posts, read 304,154 times
Quote:
New Thai in Wakefield: Bangkok Thai - excellent and great value
Where exactly is it? Did a quick Google search and couldn't seem to find the place.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-eye View Post
Where exactly is it? Did a quick Google search and couldn't seem to find the place.
From my original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
It's right next to the Food Lion and nail place, same strip as Hayashi and the new Wakefield Tavern which we also recently tried and liked.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:33 AM

76 posts, read 304,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
From my original post:
Thanks - I was hoping for an address since I'm not familiar at all with that area - I'll map one of those other places.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM

12 posts, read 76,901 times
Default Just had a great meal at Bangkok Thai

Thank you to the OP for the suggestion. The meal and service were outstanding!

The address is:
13200 New Falls of Neuse Road
Suite 131
Raleigh, NC 27614

Old 01-20-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-eye View Post
Thanks - I was hoping for an address since I'm not familiar at all with that area - I'll map one of those other places.
Sorry about that, didn't realize you wanted the street address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoldste View Post
Thank you to the OP for the suggestion. The meal and service were outstanding!
Glad you liked it. The interior isn't fancy, but the food and service make up for it.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:07 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,803 times
Since the Thai place opened in Bedford at about the same time, I hadn't tried this place until today. I was a bit disappointed in Bangkok Thai because the food and the atmosphere were not as good and the prices were higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary