Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2011, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 3,804 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know know anything about either of these subdivisions? We are looking for a family friendly pool community in that area. Please let me know about the neighborhoods, good and bad, and any info or recommendations on any of the builders in those subdivisions. Also info on the schools in that area would be great!, Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 07:17 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,902,676 times
Hawthorne has really nice homes and a nice pool. The neighbors are the drop-by-without-calling types though! The homes that are yet to be built will probably be smaller than the existing homes.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:34 AM

632 posts, read 1,845,068 times
I think Hawthorne is great! Nice sized lots, trees, nice pool. It's fairly quiet with a nice mix of ages of kids and parents, and even retired folks. We searched all around the Triangle before settling on it. Hubby's requirement was to be within 20 miles of his office in RTP, and it just fit that bill. He loves the drive.

There's a few existing homes on the market and 3-4 spec homes about to start. The spec homes will be a bit smaller than the ones already there, but you can choose your own lot (and builder) and build your own plan.

I don't know anything about the other sub/div.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 AM

656 posts, read 1,992,123 times
I agree, the Hawthorne neighborhood is very nice. I know a few people who live there currently.
We sold our home in Crescent Ridge (a 1/2 mile up the road but in Wake County) about 3 years ago. I think the difficult part of selling was that we were "way out there" by some buyers standards and so if/when you do sell that might give you some difficulty as it did for us. We have found that the high end homes (located in Granville County) do not support the school system which tends to have lower scores. For myself I could look outside of the scores and found the elementary schools to meet our needs just as well as the ones in Wake County did. We actually moved into Granville County and have lived here for the past 3 years since selling.

Hawthorne subdivision kids go to Mount Energy. I know people who have children at Mount Energy and they are very happy there. My next door neighbor is a 3rd grade teacher there and always has good things to say about it. Do know that for the 2011/2012 year there is currently a new school being built that will be right off of 96. We currently go to Wilton Elementary and I think many of the newer subdivisons will start sending kids to the new school. Wilton has been a great school for my kids. It is older though, overcrowded, and a new school is a definate plus for the area.

My only hesitatation now after living in this area for 6 years is that being a ways away from places can tend to get old after a while.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-04-2011 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: No realtor recommendations, per the TOS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary