Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,491 times

Advertisements

I too, bought a groupon. I'll be respectful and NOT list the name of the company, but I do want to share my experience. If anything, check behind them before they leave. This is why.

A young guy came out, never gave me his name after introducing myself. Kind of had an attitude. I'm guessing he never works that late. I will give him this much, he was a hard worker. Stayed focused on the task at hand and did the job. I have no spots in my carpet. What he left us with was soaking wet carpet. So wet, when you step in it with bare feet, it puddles up around your foot. He had to use our water and electric as well, blew out the breaker. After he left (he was in a hurry to leave), my bathroom upstairs (where he was getting the water from) was SOAKED. I'm talking a huge puddle of water, about an inch deep. I had furniture and a suitcase sitting in it. In my toliet room, also a huge puddle that ruined a full pack of toliet paper, plus dirty water all over the toliet seat. He had dropped a bucket of water down my stairs and left a huge puddle on my hardwood floors that he left. They are now ruined. As a matter of fact, he was tossing that bucket around quite a bit, there's some banged up scratches on my wall. He didnt use an actual stair cleaner part, instead, it was the same thing he used on the carpet. My stairs are still dirty and full of water! I now have to take a day off to vaccum all the water up myself. Was this a deal? NO!! After paying MORE MONEY to do my stairs ($20) and a trip fee ($20) that we were told we did not have to pay when making the appointment on the phone, I could have hired a really professional company instead of this joke job. If you have a groupon, make sure you supervise. Walk on your carpet, check your floors. Otherwise, you will pay more in repairs. I have never in my life had a company so horrible do such a miserable job. I hired a company so I wouldnt have to do it myself. Now, I have to do twice the work and pay more $ to do it! There is no way this company will stay in business much longer if this is how they work.

Hopefully someone else will have a better experience than we did. I will happily answer any PMs anyone may have, even the company name.

I will also LOVE some good reviews about other carpet companies. We plan on having our carpet cleaned again in the near future and this one has definately been crossed off our list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 07:15 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,655,121 times
I don't know about other carpet cleaning companies, but I bought a bissell power steamer (or some sort of name like that) and am very pleased with the results. I can clean my own carpets as needed.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 AM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,532,164 times
Please take a moment to post your review on Groupon so others have a heads-up. If I don't know a company's services firsthand, those reviews are like gold to me!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,658,326 times
I heard that Groupon has really good customer service. Call to see if they will refund you! I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I have no advice for carpet cleaners. We got rid of our carpet and it's the best thing we ever did!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:52 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,911 times
i have a hoover carpet cleaner (dont know exact brand and dont feel like getting up to look LOL) but its does every bit as good a job as any 'professional' company ive hired in the past (and much cheaper in the long run- especially with kids and pets!)

i would contact groupon as well as the carpet cleaning company.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,491 times
I contacted Groupon and let them know. I also posted on a couple of other places. JUST A HEADS UP...the same company did a coupon as well on Living Social.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:04 AM

374 posts, read 1,182,210 times
Did you talk to the company to reimburse you for the damages that they caused? Did you take pictures of the damage?

Old 02-08-2011, 08:28 AM

96 posts, read 477,983 times
I just used Chem-Dry that came via Groupon/Twongo/Living Social (one of these sites) and they were great. Showed up on time. Carpet was a little wet but I could walk on it if I wanted. I just let it dry for a couple of hours and everything was fine. No issues with them.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,497,194 times
Post the name so others know of the company to avoid.

What did they say when you contacted them? They should have insurance, and I wouldn't stop calling until the fixed the issues.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,189,511 times
I use ZeroRez if I want to use professionals, but I usually just use my Hoover steam cleaner. No one to blame for mess ups, the carpet is dry fairly quickly and I can do it at my convenience which is a huge plus with 2 kids and 2 cats. Sorry you had such a rough time. It's really frustrating when "professionals" mess up your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary