Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 10:14 PM

22 posts, read 58,304 times

Advertisements

hi all, my husband and i will be traveling to raleigh in a few weeks to check out the area for our possible move. are there no gold's gyms in raleigh anymore? i desperately need a place to work out the 2 days that we'll be there.....

i usually frequent and prefer locally-owned gyms, but i had been keeping my gold's membership for the convenience of being able to use any gold's in the US...looks like there aren't any to use in the areas we're looking at moving to! was hoping to avoid paying a daily fee at another place during our scouting trip.

that being said, if gold's is no longer around, can anyone recommend a gym with a lot of lifting equipment (free weights and machines) and at least a treadmill, that offers day passes? location isn't such an issue as we'll be finding a hotel to stay at wherever i can find a gym.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 12:19 AM

379 posts, read 580,713 times
The Golds in Cary and Durham switched. I thought they were still in North hills but I might be wrong.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:10 AM

310 posts, read 575,937 times
O2 evidently offers day passes and has been running this groupon for a while

$5 for a One Day Pass at O2 Fitness | Groupon Now!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:08 AM

286 posts, read 750,125 times
Nope. The Gold's Gyms in the area have all become Fitness Connections.

FITNESS CONNECTION HOUSTON ? NORTH CAROLINA LOCATIONS

Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,082,149 times
The Raleigh area Gold's gyms are now Fitness Connection as noted.

Fitness Connection does partipate in the IHRSA Passport program for access to other gyms. Many Gold's gyms also participate in IHRSA - so perhaps you can use that program for access to Fitness Connection in Raleigh?

Frank

Old 09-29-2011, 08:25 AM

22 posts, read 58,304 times
great, thanks for the info, everyone.

frank, i'll ask at my local gold's about that IHRSA program.

if that's not an option, that seems like a great deal for O2 fitness!

thanks!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:06 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,838,770 times
I think pretty much any gym will let you pay a small fee for a few-days pass, ESPECIALLY if you tell them you're thinking about coming to the area and might join!

But Gold's, as stated, all switched over to Fitness Connection. My Gold's card still works there but I doubt an out-of-town one would.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:33 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,885,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy61 View Post
Nope. The Gold's Gyms in the area have all become Fitness Connections.

FITNESS CONNECTION HOUSTON ? NORTH CAROLINA LOCATIONS
Wow.... that's surprising because Gold's had been around forever even when everyone else was closing up shop. Fitness clubs all seem to be here today and gone tomorrow which is what I don't like about joining them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary