Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 PM

5 posts, read 6,954 times

Advertisements

I've just begun researching where to relocate with my husband from New York. The Triangle and Wilmington are where we want to explore first. My husband would rather eat ethnic cuisine in a dive than salmon in a high-end restaurant. Quick access to where the action is, yet a real nature nut. We are a childless couple but love kids and dogs---he's retired and I'm 18 years younger than he. My main concern is finding a neighborhood with a mixture of ages in the $200 range, not much higher. Subdivisions are fine if the houses aren't right-on-top of each other, and we'd probably prefer slightly more established areas (i.e. having some trees). I hope this post isn't overly general. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 05:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Hmm. If you could specify type of home, size of home, amenities expected inside the home, it would be easier to make suggestions. Both the Triangle area (parts of it) and Wilmington offer all of the things you've described, so more info about housing would help.

Old 02-12-2011, 05:58 AM

5 posts, read 6,954 times
Thanks meh! I'm thinking of a home between 7-20 years of age (brand new construction is ok but I find slightly older has all the kinks worked out). About 1800 square or feet or slightly larger and around a half acre or slightly less. I'm not married to a particular housing style, but I am not a big fan of ranches, although I know you get the most bang for you buck with them. Screened porch and fenced yard. Close proximity (either by foot or quick car ride) to great dog walking options as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary