Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2006, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,005 times

Advertisements

We currently live in the western part of NC...Hickory area. Current plans may have us moving to the Wake County area in relation to my job. I am extremely interested in the Fuquay area if anyone has information. I would prefer to live outside Raleigh on the out skirts of Wake County and plan to commute into downtown Raleigh M-F. Any information on this area is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2006, 04:22 AM

14 posts, read 55,473 times
Default Fuquay

Fuquay is growing nicely . New roads and subdivisions . New shopping areas and businesses. It still has lots of open space and a quaint little downtown area. Very easy to get into Raleigh and neghboring towns with the opening of the 540 loop. Prices are still good but property is definitely appreciating at a nice rate . Good investment both in value and quality of life .Let me know if there is any specific info I can give you . I live in Cary

Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 9,490 times
Default Fuquay

Fuquay is an excellent choice. It still has a "rural" feel, but is growing into the 21st century. [moderator CUT] Good luck, Polly

Last edited by Marka; 03-29-2006 at 10:53 PM..

Old 04-05-2006, 12:06 AM

23 posts, read 112,228 times
The 540 loop has been postponed indefinately on that side. Traffic congestion is an issue too. We live in Garner, which still feels like a small town, with tons of amenities, and it takes my husband 15 minutes or less to get to work on Boylan ave. from our home on Timber Dr.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:49 AM

4 posts, read 10,143 times
I moved to the Fuquay / Angier area 16 years ago to escape Cary. But just like everywhere else this area is growing fast. There can be a traffic problem in Fuquay during the rush hours that rival anything in Raleigh. My wife works downtown Raleigh and has seen the commute become more difficult as the population grows. That being said it appears that this area of Fuquay, Holly Springs. and Angier are trying to control and plan the growth. The area still has some of the most reasonable real estate prices around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary