Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:56 AM

234 posts, read 823,560 times

Advertisements

I have TWC for internet and tv and I have no issues at all. I had a Samsung HD-DVR go bad (no reboots ever), though I would have to assume it was from all the heat in the slot in the entertainment cabinet. I have one of the new Cisco HD-DVR's from TWC and it has a bigger hard drive and never needs to be rebooted either. I dont know people complain so much about TWC?

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 02:26 PM

766 posts, read 1,659,978 times
TWC's Roadrunner is actually really good. I just did a deal for 1 year. I don't care for the company though, but this is the best deal. In Durham, the options that I looked into were TWC, Clearwire and Verizon (Cary has AT&T).

My parents have Clearwire and it's really slow. I called for them last week b/c they always only have 2 light out of 5 which is a bad connection. My parents have called numerous times to get help.

I checked the price of Verizon and Clearwire and my deal with TWC seemed to be the best. The special was $34.95 a year, with no tax. There was an installation fee though.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:14 PM
jhk

108 posts, read 256,345 times
we have phone/internet with TWC and they called this week and offered my wife digi cable for $40 a month with the box and no contract. said DVR would be $11.95/month. she didnt clarify what channels that included. seems like a good deal. i need to call back.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:08 PM

7 posts, read 17,033 times
My issue with TWC was I'll have 3 tv's when I did an online quote they wanted to charge $22.95 a month for an HD DVR and 11.95 for just an HD box. That's outrageous! I called to inquire about a cablecard to use the Tivo and was transferred to the Raleigh office, the guy said "Uh I think its like 6 or 7 dollars a month" I asked how much just HD service was and he put me on hold for 20 minutes before I was sick of waiting. They pull you in with the cable saying $39 for all 3 services but then charge you for the boxes, modems, etc... I was willing to give them a try though, they just didn't try very hard for my business (& by try hard I mean answering basic questions with a clear answer).
Direct Tv included a free HD DVR, free HD receiver and up to 4 standard receivers. Now they don't have cablecards so I can't use my tivo but I'm not tied to the tivo.
Still haven't decided on internet.. May end up having to go with TWC just because it seems to be the best for my area. Clear doesn't look like it gets the best coverage where my house is.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,257,309 times
There is a huge "I hate TWC" post here, but they seem to be a de facto monopoly. I hated Comcast, but after having TWC, I'm ready to sign a petition for Comcast to come here and rescue us. TWC charges even for a cable remote, it's ridiculous.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:18 AM

15 posts, read 83,556 times
wow, sounds like I'll be going without tv for a year. Sorry to hear certain parts of NC are craptacular when it comes to customer service.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:01 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,162,907 times
The place I'm moving into in a few months apparently has Uverse available, and I was thinking of going with that, even though basic TWC is included in the rent. It will be about the same price with insanely faster internet, more HD channels, better setup and features, etc. Anyone had experience with them? I've only heard good things and it looks good on paper...

Old 02-21-2011, 07:56 AM

4,308 posts, read 6,001,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhugs View Post
I called to inquire about a cablecard to use the Tivo and was transferred to the Raleigh office, the guy said "Uh I think its like 6 or 7 dollars a month" I asked how much just HD service was and he put me on hold for 20 minutes before I was sick of waiting.
CableCard fee is $2.50 per month per box. I've got two TiVos hooked up to TWC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary