Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,167,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighkc View Post
I always love a good burger but I don't know about $15. It is kind near my house though, so I might check out Tribeca when it opens. I am now having fond memories of the burgers at West Village near NCSU. I need to go eat one and see if they taste as good as I remember!
RED Robin has great burgers for a lot less and alcohol too for those who want adult drinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 03:55 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
I keep seeing the "$15 burger" mentioned. They do have one burger priced at $15, the other dozen or so are lower, starting at $9 and they include fires. I really don't see that being out of line at all. Plus, this is North Carolina beef that is ground on site, which means you can actually get them medium or med rare if you want and that's worth something to me.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM

53 posts, read 137,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I keep seeing the "$15 burger" mentioned. They do have one burger priced at $15, the other dozen or so are lower, starting at $9 and they include fires. I really don't see that being out of line at all. Plus, this is North Carolina beef that is ground on site, which means you can actually get them medium or med rare if you want and that's worth something to me.
I agree. Most of their burgers are under $10. All of their beers and the majority of their food ingredients are local. To me - that is something worthwhile. To support local agriculture AND being able to sample the amazing local beers that we have in the Triangle? That's a win/win.

The atmosphere at the Tribeca in Cary is really nice, as well. Personally, I think it's a great place and another location would do very well.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:20 PM

746 posts, read 2,248,112 times
for my part, I don't care what they call it or how it's packaged, to my palette, their food is pretty much, "meh whatever" - not worth the cost of dining out. We cook way better at home.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 AM

257 posts, read 713,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnuzzo View Post
Twisted Fork was always my favorite restaurant in the area for birthdays and date night. However lately they had appeared to be slipping both in food and service quality. The last time we went was with the new 'salad bar' concept, and I personally I think they have botched the restaurant beyond repair. The food is still sub par and overpriced for what it is, and the service leaves much to be desired. I contacted the management, but they indicated that this is the new direction for the restaurant. So Twisted Fork has lost me a customer. I have a gift card to them from the holidays that I am hanging on to until Tribecca Tavern opens in the Michael Dean's location.
Huh, that's a shame you haven't enjoyed it as much recently. I only started going to Twisted Fork during the restaurant week last month, and have really enjoyed the last few trips there. Though I have no use for the salad bar, so maybe that helped? In any event, I don't know what it was like before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Totally agreed, being able to get fresh-ground, local beef cooked to the degree you want it is what separates a good burger from a potentially great burger, IMO. And I'm willing to pay a little extra for that. I'm looking forward to trying Tribeca, see if their burgers justify the cost.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 AM

131 posts, read 726,213 times
I love Tribecca Tavern and think that their burgers are definitely worth the price. Like the former posters stated, most of the burgers are $10 or less. The real selling point for me is that they buy their meat locally and it comes from pasture raised, grass fed cows. It's not the ground chuck crap that most other places serve. I'll pay a premium for that any day. I love supporting places that actually make an effort to support local businesses with ethical standards for animals. That always tastes better than the poor, overfed feedlot cow, in my opinion.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
The burgers are worth it. We finally grabbed some for takeout the other night. I just wish their fries were better.

Eh, it's prolly a good thing. Next time, I'll order a side salad.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM

246 posts, read 627,358 times
Twisted Fork hasn't been the same since they took the ostrich off the menu.

I don't understand the hate for Tribeca. Local beef, local indigents, local beer. Sounds like a win to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary