Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:21 AM

3 posts, read 4,361 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a pediatrician in the Wake Forest/North Raleigh area for my children. I recently moved here from out of state (FL) and I don't know anyone here personally to give me a good referral, so making a choice is difficult, which is why I am posting this thread. Any suggestions???

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,433 times
we use growing child in wake forest.

a lot of our friends use wake forest peds.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:24 AM

237 posts, read 757,124 times
We use Scott Konopka at Wake Forest Village Family Care. When we moved here 3 years ago our insurance agent suggested him. He is responsive and will call you at home if there are any questions or issues with kids. If he isn't available to see, we see Dr. Seflu in the practice. They are the only ones we use. There is a PA there also who is good. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
when we moved to wake forest, we actually decided on Jeffers Mann and Artman pediatrics...........they are located close the factory. I decided against wake forest peds and growing child because it seemed that everyone I met had kids there, and they were huge practices, and my friends were really never able to see the same docs every time they went.

Jeffers Mann and Artman is a smaller practice (but they also have offices in clayton and north raleigh - off of duraleigh), and we can always get an appointment (even in if I call in the afternoon) and there are only a couple of docs that work in that office. We started out seeing Dr. Lobissio, and I really like him, but my girls got older and I thought they would prefer a female doctor, so now we see Dr. Covington, and she is fantastic. The only Dr., I prefer to not see is Dr. Jeffers, he is very very nice, but just not right for us. The nurses are good, the front office staff is friendly, etc.

We have been with them for 5 years, and I have had one occasion where I waited more than 10 minutes to be seen by the doctor. I have heard that the wait can be much worse at the other offices.

Leigh

Old 02-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Thanks for your input.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 AM

835 posts, read 3,978,206 times
Capitol Pediatrics is who we use and have for almost 7 years. Only 1 time could we not see the same doctor- guess everyone gets vacation now and then .

Old 02-28-2011, 07:18 AM

351 posts, read 770,348 times
+1 for Capitol Peds

Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post

I used growing child when we lived in Wakefield.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:32 PM

62 posts, read 153,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post

We also use Dr. Dirk Hamp at Growing Child. LOVE LOVE LOVE him. Highly recommend.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 PM

I'll be going to Growing Child later this week to get info and get a feel for the place. Thanks for the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary