Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 07:08 PM

317 posts, read 1,513,632 times

Advertisements

Is there any quiet places to study and do homework near the Crabtree mall in raleigh? I know there is a Starbucks right off of Edwards Mill mall but there are only about 6 seats inside and they are always taken.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd hate to spend my day tomorrow visiting every Starbucks in Raleigh and not get all my studying and work done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 PM

286 posts, read 685,343 times
There is a Barnes and Noble at Crabtree. I love bookstores and always found them to be a great place to study.

~Amy

Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,027,675 times
There's another Starbucks further up Glenwood in a shopping center that is small but probably not busy if you're going midday. This is slightly further away, but the Starbucks on Lake Boone is really nice sized compared to most. Libraries are always good, too!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:48 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,823,728 times
New World Coffee House - Raleigh, NC
Off of glenwood and pleasant valley rd

Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 AM

804 posts, read 2,003,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
New World Coffee House - Raleigh, NC
Off of glenwood and pleasant valley rd
i second new world coffee. but it gets crowded in the evenings. barnes & noble at crabtree is a great idea but there aren't a ton of tables / chairs. there is a caribou coffee up at blue ridge / edwards mill that has a decent amount of seating.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 AM

355 posts, read 957,977 times
There is a terrific patisserie and coffee shop, Hereghty's, just down Glenwood near the intersection with Oberlon Rd, on the other side of 440. It's in a little strip mall near the Harris Teeter, which may not sound all that great, but it's a nice spot. They also have really good sandwiches, soups, and salads. It's usually much quieter (and leagues better) than a Starbucks.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 PM

127 posts, read 356,675 times
There are a few Wake Co library locations pretty close, the newest off Leesville Road, it's has some seating, nice windows. It's not super quiet once school is out but still I get work done.

WakeGOV.com - Library Locations

Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 PM

10 posts, read 25,130 times
Default Go to the park maybe

I really like the Sertoma Center, just up the hill from Shelly Lake.

Sometimes events make it busy inside the building, but that's pretty unusual in my experience. Don't know if there's any wifi, maybe not, but it's pleasant enough, quiet most of the time, and Shelly Lake, though busy, is also a nice thing to be by if you want to take a brief break from the books.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,470,877 times
There is a panera bread inside the mall too that might be ok. Panera was my place of choice in college, but the panera we had had a fireplace, comfy chairs and all.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,293,756 times
I have to speak up here. Whatever happened to studying in the library? I really enjoy going to coffeehouses too, but don't appreciate it when students give me and those in my party dirty looks for talking and having a good time. It's not like were speaking loudly or carry on, but the looks imply, quiet, I'm trying to study. No offense, but coffee houses are not libraries, where people are supposed to be quiet. They are public places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary