Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 AM

842 posts, read 2,588,222 times

Advertisements

Looking for someone in the Southpoint area of Durham that cleans gutters and/or power wash homes. My gutters are clogged and I am in need of a referral that is reasonably priced. One guy told me without even seeing the house that he would charge $100 to clean my gutters, which I think was a bit outrageous. Does anyone know how much is considered too much as far as cleaning gutters?

Also, how often should someone power wash their vinyl siding (house was just built last year)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 06:14 AM

441 posts, read 1,291,912 times
I had Major League Gutters 919-783-4271 here last month, $60.00 did a nice job. Left message and they called me back within 24 hrs and were at the house in 2 days. 2 story house with 4 sided gutters. I power wash my house every year after the yellow mess, this weekend is my target weekend.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 AM

842 posts, read 2,588,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchz1 View Post
I had Major League Gutters 919-783-4271 here last month, $60.00 did a nice job. Left message and they called me back within 24 hrs and were at the house in 2 days. 2 story house with 4 sided gutters. I power wash my house every year after the yellow mess, this weekend is my target weekend.
So I take it now would be a good time to get rid of the yellow pollen that was dumped on us by the pine trees? I just do not want to start the cleanup process knowing that it is still in bloom. Based on your comment above, I take it that it is now safe to do so. Thanks

Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
I use Major League as well - they come by while I'm at work and just leave an invoice. Very convenient!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:03 PM

835 posts, read 2,877,846 times
Quote:
I have used Major League for gutter cleaning, and they did a great job and inexpensive. Do they do your power washing as well? If not, what is the name of the company who does yours? I am concerned about getting someone who does it properly, because my neighbor's house was left with what looks like black soot or mold coming out of the siding seams. It's almost like they didn't use bleach or something.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:19 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongasabear View Post
I have used Major League for gutter cleaning, and they did a great job and inexpensive. Do they do your power washing as well? If not, what is the name of the company who does yours? I am concerned about getting someone who does it properly, because my neighbor's house was left with what looks like black soot or mold coming out of the siding seams. It's almost like they didn't use bleach or something.
I have been doing it myself, I can not get everything but the house looks good after words. I been using a general type cleaner - Simple Green through the soap injector.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:52 AM

564 posts, read 873,350 times
Quote:
I followed this recommendation as called Major League. We have a large 2 story, 4 sided with gutter and higher elevation due to stand up crawl. Cost was $75. Service was great and I would highly recommend Major League as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary