Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 AM

116 posts, read 268,988 times

Advertisements

I pass by my son's school today and saw parking lot was full. Just checked the website and it shows:

Single Track Year-Round New date: Sat., February 15

Both me and wife did not receive any notification. We had got emails for other make up day and also the cancelation. I know we are supposed to check website but I didn't think it will be this Saturday as there is still a lot of snow around. Does anyone know when this was announced on the website and if they got any type of notification?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 12:39 PM

494 posts, read 816,774 times
Today's makeup day was for January 29th. They posted the date a while back. The rest of the dates for the January Snow Days. WCPSS: 2013-14 Make-Up Days for School Closings April 26th and May 3rd are for snow days 3 and 4.

The February Snow Day makeups have not been decided on yet.

Yesterday's warm temperatures made the roads and parking lots safe for school today. The temperatures stayed above freezing so there was not an issue with black ice.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:20 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,679,896 times
We've taken to checking their facebook page during this snowy period. They mentioned that school was on several times yesterday.
\https://www.facebook.com/WCPSS?rf=112717928739735

Old 02-15-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
Today's makeup day was for January 29th. They posted the date a while back. The rest of the dates for the January Snow Days. WCPSS: 2013-14 Make-Up Days for School Closings April 26th and May 3rd are for snow days 3 and 4.

The February Snow Day makeups have not been decided on yet.

Yesterday's warm temperatures made the roads and parking lots safe for school today. The temperatures stayed above freezing so there was not an issue with black ice.
I doubt it was a while back as on the website it says "New date". Other dates don't say new.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
We've taken to checking their facebook page during this snowy period. They mentioned that school was on several times yesterday.
\https://www.facebook.com/WCPSS?rf=112717928739735
Thanks. We are not on Facebook. So first time you saw it on facebook was yesterday?

Old 02-15-2014, 01:36 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,679,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majidmo View Post
Thanks. We are not on Facebook. So first time you saw it on facebook was yesterday?
I believe that we received notes that were sent home with my kids as well as a phone call (automated message) after the snow we had a couple of weeks ago. Both told us the make up schedule. We used the FB page to verify that today's schooling was still on.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:46 PM

22,674 posts, read 36,820,982 times
These dates have been on the Wake County website since the first round of snow days two weeks ago. However, Track 3 was out of school during that time and therefore do not have to make up those dates. Are you track 3?

Old 02-15-2014, 02:02 PM

494 posts, read 816,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majidmo View Post
I doubt it was a while back as on the website it says "New date". Other dates don't say new.
The original dates were February 1st and May 31st. After the February 1st date was canceled they made the new dates February 8th and February 15th. So it was changed over two weeks ago which was a while back.

There was school last Saturday as well. Both dates were well attended by students. I just had two absent today.

Two down; five more makeup Saturdays to go.

I'm sorry your child missed a day of school but it has been on all the newscasts about school today and most school websites. Hopefully you have marked the other Saturdays on your calendar so your child does not miss anymore days.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
I believe that we received notes that were sent home with my kids as well as a phone call (automated message) after the snow we had a couple of weeks ago. Both told us the make up schedule. We used the FB page to verify that today's schooling was still on.
It looks like they don't use email to notify parents of Make-up days. But they use email to announce cancelation of make-up days. I received two of those emails.

Old 02-15-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbeckster View Post
The original dates were February 1st and May 31st. After the February 1st date was canceled they made the new dates February 8th and February 15th. So it was changed over two weeks ago which was a while back.

There was school last Saturday as well. Both dates were well attended by students. I just had two absent today.

Two down; five more makeup Saturdays to go.

I'm sorry your child missed a day of school but it has been on all the newscasts about school today and most school websites. Hopefully you have marked the other Saturdays on your calendar so your child does not miss anymore days.
Thanks for clearing it up. So we missed both of them. We also did not receive any note that our child was absent last Saturday. Ahhh! We had marked the original dates but didn't find out about changes. I might need to make the Make-up page on the website my home page for a few months. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary