Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 PM
 
9,848 posts, read 30,264,357 times
Reputation: 10516

Advertisements

This past weekend I caught one of the free concerts in the "Six Sundays in Spring" concert series at the E. Corroll Joyner Park in Wake Forest. Concerts are scehduled for each Sunday from May 1 through June 5, 2011. Music from 5 to 7pm (FREE). Food, snacks and refreshments are for sale via the local VFW, but you can also bring your own food, chair, blankets and have a picnic. Since it is a park I doubt alcohol is allowed, but I saw plenty of people sipping wine and didn't notice anybody getting hassled. Lots of kids, bikes, scooter, dogs ect.. Parking is a little tight with people creating spots along the entrance road, but it wasn't bad. For more info check out their website: Six Sundays Concerts | Wake Forest ARTS


Here are a few shots from the concert this past Sunday:
















Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2011, 02:02 PM
 
Location: NC
2,905 posts, read 5,917,175 times
Reputation: 2152
Awesome! We will probably go to some of these. Thanks for letting us know!

BTW, was there any healthy food for sale, or just dogs/burgers/etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 04:48 PM
 
9,848 posts, read 30,264,357 times
Reputation: 10516
Nothing healthy for sale. Just your typical popcorn, hot dogs, burgers. I did not buy anything so I can speak to the quality. I notced A LOT of people bring their own food. I even saw people with entire pizzas they brought to keed a cackle of children!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Awesome! We will probably go to some of these. Thanks for letting us know!

BTW, was there any healthy food for sale, or just dogs/burgers/etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Wake Forest
2,834 posts, read 12,026,963 times
Reputation: 1060
We were there last weekend (you even got a picture of our canopy!!), and we had a table, and brought all of our food in for the concert. last time we had been to one, was at the old location, so it was great to come to Joyner park, it is a fabulous location! Don't get scared if you see cars parked up and down harris road, it is not crowded once you get inside!

We got there at 430, and we parked in the park itself. It is fantastic, we had a lot of fun, people should check it out if they can

Leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 PM
 
9,848 posts, read 30,264,357 times
Reputation: 10516
Leigh,

Is that you guys under the white canopy? my wife and I were sitting on a blanket about 10 feet in front of you. I looked back once at the canopy, table and spread and told my wife "those people know how to do it in style!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 06:39 AM
 
Location: Wake Forest
2,834 posts, read 12,026,963 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Leigh,

Is that you guys under the white canopy? my wife and I were sitting on a blanket about 10 feet in front of you. I looked back once at the canopy, table and spread and told my wife "those people know how to do it in style!"
That was us! My husband and I , plus another couple (four kids). Ironically, I am a red head and they had the red headed children! Yes, the husbands planned the spread for us, it was so so nice and I ate so so much food!

We had such a great time!

Leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 AM
 
Location: NC
2,905 posts, read 5,917,175 times
Reputation: 2152
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
That was us! My husband and I , plus another couple (four kids). Ironically, I am a red head and they had the red headed children! Yes, the husbands planned the spread for us, it was so so nice and I ate so so much food!

We had such a great time!

Leigh
Leigh, don't go setting up unrealistic expectations for the rest of us hubbies out here! If I show up and your "men" have set up another spread, it's gonna make me look bad!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Wake Forest
2,834 posts, read 12,026,963 times
Reputation: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDUBiker View Post
Leigh, don't go setting up unrealistic expectations for the rest of us hubbies out here! If I show up and your "men" have set up another spread, it's gonna make me look bad!!!!
If it makes you feel any better, the other hubby was the one who brought the tent and made most of the delicious food. My hubby is spectacular in many ways, but not so much in this way (meaning he would have been happy with a bag a chips), so he contributed but maybe not quite as much!!!!

We will not be there this weekend, maybe that is the time to go and be impressive!

leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 AM
 
Location: NC
2,905 posts, read 5,917,175 times
Reputation: 2152
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
If it makes you feel any better, the other hubby was the one who brought the tent and made most of the delicious food. My hubby is spectacular in many ways, but not so much in this way (meaning he would have been happy with a bag a chips), so he contributed but maybe not quite as much!!!!

We will not be there this weekend, maybe that is the time to go and be impressive!

leigh
We all have our strengths. Mine is not food or event planning for sure! Haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 AM
 
9,848 posts, read 30,264,357 times
Reputation: 10516
Pine Cone is hosting another free show tonight at the park 5-7pm (Agust 7th). Cool duo called Mandolin Orange. Details here: https://www.pinecone.org/event-detail.php?id=47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cpf8SBwFcw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:26 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top