Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 AM

843 posts, read 2,099,721 times

Advertisements

Brooklin Pizza in Durham is good. Itailian Pizzaria III in Chapel Hill is very good

Here is a thread the OP should read through....
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...za-places.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
NY Pizza is okay, but not like back home.
I don't mean to pick on Oriolesfan, but every time I see someone use a term like "back home" (presumably to refer to where they used to live) it makes me think: "There's a person who is not where they want to be."

Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
Sooo, what did you think of Randy's?

I hate I did not see this yesterday. I ABSOLUTELY agree Randy's is the best in town. The one on Davis and McCrimmon is "good", but the one you really want is the one on Miami (54), just south of I-40. Hands down, the best slice in the area, and likely the closest vibe to a NYC slice that you'll get. If you go at noon, you even get to fight the crowds

I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:26 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
I don't mean to pick on Oriolesfan, but every time I see someone use a term like "back home" (presumably to refer to where they used to live) it makes me think: "There's a person who is not where they want to be."
Agreed. If you are moving somewhere new, don't you want to try to eat what is local for that area, or are you looking for how things were but in a different location. Sure I miss chicken finger subs, but I will just get some whenever I visit back home again.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:34 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I will just get some whenever I visit back home again.
I don't know if that was deliberate, but it made me laugh.

"Home" is where you live, not some place you visit.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:45 AM

117 posts, read 284,079 times
My favorite pizza is at Piccola Italia in Cameron Village.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:02 AM

533 posts, read 1,198,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
And this is a good thing?
I don't get it either. But to each their own.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:15 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
[quote=CHTransplant;19895397]I don't mean to pick on Oriolesfan, but every time I see someone use a term like "back home" (presumably to refer to where they used to live) it makes me think: "There's a person who is not where they want to be."[/quote]

I tend to agree with you to an extent, but there is another side to it. My dad taught me growing up that sometimes things come as a whole package (we were talking spouses at the time, but Pizza is a good analogy). He said, "sure, if you could pick or choose, there are things you would change, but if I look at the whole package, there is not a better choice out there."

Same thing with pizza and "home". I am definitely right where I want to be, but I would not be heartbroken if I could have access to all the things that I love from all around the world either.

(but alas, I'm an optimist, and I remind myself that it gives me something to look forward to as I get away...)

Just another perspective than "not where they want to be"

Old 07-06-2011, 08:29 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
There is some pretty good Pizza joints here in the Triangle (several places already mentioned). On the other hand, NYC metro has its fair share of sub-par pizza places. No matter where you live you need to do some hunting and pecking to find the good places.

Somehow Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa John's manage to keep hundreds of locations open in NY and NJ too. Just goes to show poor taste is not limited by geography.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
There is some pretty good Pizza joints here in the Triangle (several places already mentioned). On the other hand, NYC metro has its fair share of sub-par pizza places. No matter where you live you need to do some hunting and pecking to find the good places.

Somehow Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa John's manage to keep hundreds of locations open in NY and NJ too. Just goes to show poor taste is not limited by geography.
We were in NY this past weekend and my DH said the same thing - someone was asking about the pizza, bagels and Chinese (what else is new) and my DH said "people act like every pizza place up here is a top-rated restaurant where actually most of them up here stink too!"

As fas as the water I think it's the opposite of what a p.p. mentioned - NYC water is usually very highly rated. I have to admit I had a glass of tap water while I was there this weekend and that is one thing I miss - the water up there is better, no question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary