Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:41 PM

24 posts, read 113,371 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I would like to know where is nice area to rent close to Raleigh!

I would like something studio or 1 bdrm not more than 650 per month.
I never been to Triangle area but I heard many nice things.

I am probably looking to move in early October, is it hard to find nice apartmant

in safe area for my price range? Do they have some places with flexibile lease or 6 month lease that would work the best for me.

I dont have a job lined up, but I am willing to stay 6 months and give it shot, if it works out I will stay longer.

thank you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:54 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Try Montecito in North Raleigh. It will fit your price but no washer/dryer connections. Don't go to Montecito West (next door).

Older property but good management. One BR is in your range.

Apts are easy to find but many are bad. Use apartmentratings.com as a guide.

I'm in Northridge Crossings. A bit over $700 for 1BR but very spacious.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:39 PM

24 posts, read 113,371 times
Default thank you for answer where are other friendly people?

I appreciate your answer so much, but I wonder what happened with other friendly folks from Raleigh area?

I would really appreciate some more suggestions!

thank you all!

Old 08-18-2007, 02:41 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,721,235 times
try Windemere in North Raleigh - we have washer/dryers inside - we love it!
I think it might be in your price range
you can ask for Carley or Andrea

Old 08-20-2007, 07:27 AM

52 posts, read 201,235 times
I currently live in Camden Westwood in morrisville (about 15 min's from raleigh). We really like it...we have a 1 bedroom with a den and pay 755. I know the one bedrooms without the den are cheaper, but i'm not sure by how much.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 AM

136 posts, read 589,893 times
I agree Apartmentratings.com is the best thing that you can use to help you. Most of the reviews are legit. Also check out apartmentguide.com, move.com, aptbook.com to assist in your search.

Raleigh Apartments:

In nice areas: may be a little pricy but in your range if not they may have specials

Litchford Park (Location is okay, nice outside appearence)

Gresham Park (newer, good location, built in microwave included, okay size not great)

The Village (washer and dryer connections, heard they were nice a couple of years ago, close to shopping)

windmere ( they have a nice outside appearence, good location, close to shopping)

Calibre Chase?

Madison Glen?

Somewhat inexpensive

Regatta at Lake lynn (good location, washer and dryer included, okay size not great)

I hope this helps

Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 AM

161 posts, read 464,777 times
Default Hi Johnny Superman

I just read your post and I don't recommend you relocate without a job. However, you are smart to get a 6mth lease. Jobs in Raleigh, NC are difficult to find and the prejudice is terrible. Well, I am from NY and they dislike Northerners they feel we are too uptight and have no values. I have been here three mths and have gotten interviews but no offers yet. I have one part time job every other weekend for whatever it's worth and temp work is scarce they go about as fast as it comes. They do a lot of bragging on TV and The Chamber of Commerce is always happy to charge you money for package of relocating information and $15 for a list of firms. Therefore, be very careful and reconsider relocating down here. I hope you have a ton of degrees. This is a degree state. I guess they don't get tired of looking at them. I have an Associates for whatever it's worth and it's a boring place to live from my perspective. My friends in NY think I am crazy to relocate to such a place to earn a living. Maybe they are right but I want to get a job, save money and relocate back to NY. True it's a city with a ton of problems but at least it's fun and you can retire with a good pension and the relocate out of state. Most places offer a 6 mth lease and tha'ts a smart idea on your part. Even stay at a comfort suites and pay $40 per day or so just to interview that's all you really need. Something I should have done and kept my apartment in NY and just bring some clothes and that's all. Be careful with the decisions you make. Best of luck in your decisions and be smart. Some jobs don't even offer benefits and they have a lot of part time jobs so they don't have to pay benefits. They also want the better positions for their Southerners not for people out of state.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:36 AM

Default calibre chase

Calibre chase apartments are nice. Their one bedroom is $636 and they have built in book cases. They have two models one with a sundeck and another without a sundeck an they have fireplaces. Also, their stove is not electric it's gas and I hear that is costly in NC. The location is good. Near transportation and Kroger Mall has a post office, Kroger Supermarket, restaurants, diners and good stuff. I personally like it myself. I live in Windsor Falls and it's a good location near a lot of establishments, supermarkets, Walmart, Walgreens, Asian Restaurants, Japanese Restaurants, Dunkin Donuts lots of places. Take Care and Good Luck.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:39 AM

Default To Johnn_superman

Hi there are no friendly people in NC.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 AM

338 posts, read 1,619,839 times
I COMPLETELY disagree with navas. I relocated from the north and this state is full of friendly people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary