Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 10:02 AM

49 posts, read 91,383 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had an ipod touch repaired locally? My son has cracked the glass on his and I would like to get it repaired. I've looked up places online but many have terrible reviews so I'm looking for someone with personal experience to recommend a place. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 12:51 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,731 times
I remember seeing a store with an odd name that repaired phones and such. It was in the alexander promenade area of brier creek in raleigh - across from Moe's Southwest grill. I parked in front of it one day when going to Moe's for lunch...It was named CPR or something like that. No idea if any good, but I just remember thinking it was weird to see "CPR" for a name of a store that fixed cracked glass on phones...

It might be worth a phone call or stopping by if you are in the area to check out their rates and if they do what you need them to do...

Old 09-20-2011, 01:03 PM

342 posts, read 872,464 times
I remember seeing a phone store at Cary Towne Center that had a sign about fixing Iphones and Ipods. It is near the food court.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:00 PM

521 posts, read 1,598,936 times
It's a super-easy fix to do yourself, if you have a moderately handy person in your family and the $10 part from Amazon. I've replaced three iPhone screens myself (combination of klutzy and handy).

Old 09-20-2011, 02:07 PM

49 posts, read 91,383 times
Those places were some of the ones with bad reviews. I am considering doing it myself as you said BurntHombre. I've fixed some complex things in the past, maybe it won't be too bad.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:34 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,991,194 times
Depending on the generation of iPod touch, it can be complex (and an expensive part) because the glass is fused to the LCD screen below and you have to replace everything.

First thing I'd do is take it to an Apple Store and see what they say..they occasionally will replace things free of charge. No guarantees, but sometimes you get lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary