Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:21 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,866,731 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am writing to ask for help in finding an excellent surgeon in the Cary/Apex area. My son is 4 years old and needs at least two dental implants in front (on either side of his two front teeth which were done when he was 18 months old). I will travel further for an EXCELLENT surgeon.

We have been seeing the Pediatric Dentist recommended by the kids' Pediatrician but I'm not feeling very comfortable with the office staff since having to deal with all the surgery preparation. I am looking for someone well-versed in this kind of ongoing problem in young children AND who has family-friendly office staff.

I'm not sure if recommendations can be posted here so private email with any suggestions and/or names is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
mj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 AM

108 posts, read 347,753 times
My daughter went to Dr. Venezie in Apex and he was great. She had 2 crowns put in and the entire experience was very positive. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Hi Mama2three,

Thanks for the information. I will check it out!

Regards,
mj

Old 09-08-2011, 05:27 PM

600 posts, read 1,221,306 times
Dr. Dave may be farther for you but he and his staff could not be any better with the kids. The office is friendly, fun, laid back and they all make the kids comfortable. My two year old has no problem sitting in the chair and getting the spin brush by himself because he is just happy with them. They respect my time and their prices are on par with others. I am not sure I would recommend anyone higher than that office (that I had no personal affiliation with).
Raleigh Pediatric Dentistry-Dr. David D. Olson

Good luck!!
Michelle

Old 09-09-2011, 07:58 AM

185 posts, read 473,098 times
I don't believe they do implants on 4 yr olds....

Old 09-09-2011, 10:42 AM

378 posts, read 974,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorne65 View Post
I don't believe they do implants on 4 yr olds....
I'm not sure if things have changed - but I had to fight to get them on my 8 & 9's when I was 16 because I was too young for several doctors to perform the surgery.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:06 PM

185 posts, read 473,098 times
Yep...I believe 16 is about the youngest they consider placing them....

Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,284,038 times
I live and breathe by Duke Pediatric Dentistry!!!! Both Dr Keels and Neils are fanTAStic!!! I know that Dr Keels does surgical procedures (a co-worker's wife is a surgical nurse and Dr Keels requests her). Both are very open to parent/kid concerns. When our youngest was looking at surgery, the doctors were very receptive to not only our questions, but our (at the time) 6 year old's questions and anxieties. It turned our that we didn't need the surgery, but we would have gone through with it with no hesitation. Now, the bonus for us is that Dr Keels is also an ortho. Because the doctors look into the future with our kids, only one had to have traditional brackets (braces). Heck... I have begged Dr Keels to be my dentist, but alas... she says I will break her kiddie sized chairs... sigh.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsd View Post
Dr. Dave may be farther for you but he and his staff could not be any better with the kids. The office is friendly, fun, laid back and they all make the kids comfortable. My two year old has no problem sitting in the chair and getting the spin brush by himself because he is just happy with them. They respect my time and their prices are on par with others. I am not sure I would recommend anyone higher than that office (that I had no personal affiliation with).
Raleigh Pediatric Dentistry-Dr. David D. Olson

Good luck!!
Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the info. Someone from Dr. Olson's returned my call (can't recall her name at the moment), but she wasn't very helpful or interested in answering my few questions. I think it's important to have good communication with the office staff since they are usually the people we have to speak with the most. The doctor may be great, but the person who represents his office on the phone was very off-putting.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond though. It helps me figure all this out.

Regards,
mj

Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
I live and breathe by Duke Pediatric Dentistry!!!! Both Dr Keels and Neils are fanTAStic!!! I know that Dr Keels does surgical procedures (a co-worker's wife is a surgical nurse and Dr Keels requests her). Both are very open to parent/kid concerns. When our youngest was looking at surgery, the doctors were very receptive to not only our questions, but our (at the time) 6 year old's questions and anxieties. It turned our that we didn't need the surgery, but we would have gone through with it with no hesitation. Now, the bonus for us is that Dr Keels is also an ortho. Because the doctors look into the future with our kids, only one had to have traditional brackets (braces). Heck... I have begged Dr Keels to be my dentist, but alas... she says I will break her kiddie sized chairs... sigh.
Hi Rockinmomma (cute username ;-),

Thanks for the recommendation. We did a consultation with Dr. Keels and feel more comfortable with her than our current pediatric dentist. I am sleeping much better now that we've switched.

Thanks again,
mj
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary