Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 PM

37 posts, read 198,602 times

Advertisements

I recently moved here and need to find a cardiologist relatively soon. I know I could just pick up the phone book but I'm really trying not to have to resort to that.

I'm really young to have the particular condition I have, but my mom died when she was just a few years older than my current age. One would think that cardiologists would take that seriously but some are so set on the status quo ("you look young, thin and healthy"), that I've honestly put off looking for fear of having to struggle to find someone to take me seriously.

Any suggestions would be so much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 09:31 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,100,833 times
I have not been to this person. But I have heard that the doctors of Cary Cardiology are very good. I guess it's better than picking someone out of the phone book! I was referred there myself but never actually had to go due to something else that happened that mitigated my need to be seen by them, but prior to that, I talked to several people who spoke highly of it. Cary Cardiology PA Home Page

Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM

569 posts, read 1,977,858 times
I would highly recommend Dr William Earnhardt on Duraleigh Rd. He is excellent, and will most likely take you seriously. I have been going to him for 10 years. I had a multiple bypass about 16 years ago, and my wife was not happy with the level of care I was getting from my previous cardiologist. She researched and found Dr Earnhardt and I have been very happy with him. He is much more agressive in testing and treatment than my previous cardiologist. He has his own small practice, so you are more than just a number like you are at the larger group practices.

Here is one site with a couple of reviews of him. Earnhardt J William Md - Carolina Cardiovascular Hlth - Raleigh, NC
He moved his office last year to 3100 Duraleigh Rd Ste 307 and that page has the old address, but the phone number is right.

Good luck.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 AM

81 posts, read 144,109 times
I saw Dr. Gregory Rose at Wake Heart and Vascular Associates recently and he was really nice. I'm also young, female and healthy and he was still serious about trying to find out if something was wrong.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM

502 posts, read 1,654,565 times
I've been going to Wake Heart & Vascular Associates for almost five years now and have had no issues (I see Dr. Mobarek). Like you I'm a young female, so I don't fit the "status quo" either. I feel Dr. Mobarek is a good listener. After my diagnosis he educated me on my alternatives and allowed me to choose my path. Even now he let's me decide how often I want checkups.

Regardless of who you decide to visit, do your own research, take care of yourself, and go with your gut. I remember learning a lot about my condition after joining a board on Yahoo groups. Good luck, and welcome to the area!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
We asked our general doctor(which we love ) which hospital was the place he would want to be if he had a heart problem and he said Wake Medical Heart Center off New Bern. So then I asked who his cardiologist was.. Dr Leithe at that center. We went with that info 5 years ago. Last year my husband needed emergency heart care and surgery and
it was great to know where to go and already have a Cardiologist that knew him. I am a fairly young female and wanted a cardiologist more for prevention tx because heart disease runs in my family. I have been very happy with Dr Leithe.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:05 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,894 times
I see Dr. Earnhardt after a thoroughly horrid experience at Cary Cardiology. I wrote about 5 pages about each on Angie's List but the short version is that Dr. Earnhardt listens, takes time with his patients, and does not rush you out of there. I'm in my early 30s and female and he definitely takes me seriously.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:20 PM

144 posts, read 556,172 times
I saw Dr. Alexander in Durham she is a member of the Duke practice and she also worked with my grandmother. she was so kind and really wanted to help me with my situation.
Alexander, Karen P. - DukeHealth.org

Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,830,538 times
I sincerely hope that the OP doesn't still need a cardiologist recommendation two years after originally asking the question.

Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,245,894 times
Yes, likely not, but if she's like me, searching the old threads is easier and more efficient than starting from scratch. Many of the answers don't change over the years and I like that there is a history available. Since I just started seeing a cardiologist, it was timely for me and perhaps others. I often say that if it weren't for CityData and Angie's List, I could likely never choose a neighborhood, doctor, restaurant, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary