Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 06:12 PM

121 posts, read 430,287 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone.

I usually avoid malls this close to Christmas, but I've been so busy that I haven't had time to go yet. I promised my daughters we'd go tomorrow afternoon because it is a tradition that we go together and enjoy a "girls day out" at the mall in the weeks before Christmas.

So, my question is, which mall dare we go to tomorrow afternoon/early evening (Thursday)? Triangle Town Center, Crabtree, or South Point? Parking and traffic concerns me more than craziness in the malls, although that can be an issue as well. I'm trying to decide which will be the lesser of three evils :-)

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,917,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirlRaleigh View Post
Hi, everyone.

I usually avoid malls this close to Christmas, but I've been so busy that I haven't had time to go yet. I promised my daughters we'd go tomorrow afternoon because it is a tradition that we go together and enjoy a "girls day out" at the mall in the weeks before Christmas.

So, my question is, which mall dare we go to tomorrow afternoon/early evening (Thursday)? Triangle Town Center, Crabtree, or South Point? Parking and traffic concerns me more than craziness in the malls, although that can be an issue as well. I'm trying to decide which will be the lesser of three evils :-)

Thanks!

I was at Southpoint last night picking up some gifts and it was very quiet... weirdly so in fact. Of course it was midweek and this is finals period for most local colleges. Thu. is close enough to the weekend that YMMV.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:29 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,029,727 times
Southpoint, in my opinion, is more enjoyable of a mall than Triangle Town Center. And the parking/traffic at Crabtree is pretty bad this time of year, no matter the time of day (except probably early morning).

Old 12-14-2011, 06:32 PM

773 posts, read 504,206 times
Southpoint is the one to go to. It has been strangely very easy to get in and out of the last two weeks, with very little foot traffic inside. I have been there every day the last two weeks and have been wondering where everyone is.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:33 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,256,639 times
I needed to pop in to a Belk's today so I chose Triangle Towne Center, as I figured it would be the least crowded. I got a front row parking place and the entire mall was SO QUIET. I walked around for about an hour, after getting what I needed at Belks. Seemed strange.

Daughter said she made a quick run to Kohl's and it was really busy.

Go figure!

Vicki

Old 12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,359,991 times
I've always found Triangle Town Center the easiest to find parking. Crabtree has easy parking if you know where to go (3rd level near Macy's) and is where I do most of my mall shopping. I've always hated parking at Southpoint, even though I like the overall store layout. But, truth be told, most shops can be found at most of the malls, so unless you are shopping at the rare unique store just go to the one that is closest to you.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:45 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,690,151 times
I don't even like to drive past Crabtree on the weekends, let alone shop there.

Southpoint is your best bet, but plan to stay for dinner, don't try to drive from there to Raleigh between 5-7pm.

We were at Cary Town Center last weekend on Sunday at noon and it was VERY quiet. I think people assume there aren't good deals to be had at department stores, but after we struck out at Target, Walmart, and Kohl's, we walked right into JCpenneys and bought exactly what we were looking for, everything was on sale, and no waiting in line.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Crabtree is the most busy because it is simply the BEST!

NEVER park in front as this is where the out-of-towners park!

The best parking is found past the food court, on the parking deck, right at the door of Macy's!

I drive past Crabtree on a daily basis and I can tell you that the traffic going into the mall has lightened up tremendously since Triangle Town Center and Southpoint have opened.

Vicki

Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 AM

43,316 posts, read 77,165,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Crabtree is the most busy because it is simply the BEST!

NEVER park in front as this is where the out-of-towners park!

The best parking is found past the food court, on the parking deck, right at the door of Macy's!

I drive past Crabtree on a daily basis and I can tell you that the traffic going into the mall has lightened up tremendously since Triangle Town Center and Southpoint have opened.

Vicki
Agreed.
I would pick Crabtree over the others, unless there was a specific shop I wanted that isn't there.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Agreed.
I would pick Crabtree over the others, unless there was a specific shop I wanted that isn't there.
Although I'm a bit ticked that Crate and Barrel left us!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary