Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 09:23 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times

Advertisements

Crabtree isn't worth the hassle or idiots who HAVE to park on the ground level. The secret though is to drive UP the parking ramps and park in one of the hundreds of empty spaces on the upper levels of the parking deck, if you HAVE to go there.

Triangle is the easiest to get in and out of...it's never crowded during the week. On weekends though, it's pretty crowded right now. Also why it probably won't be around beyond 5 years...but that's another topic. Southpoint, has a terrible layout, and isn't nearly as big as people tend to think it is. Great restaurant selection for dining, but the stores are the same everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 10:32 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
Crabtree isn't worth the hassle or idiots who HAVE to park on the ground level. The secret though is to drive UP the parking ramps and park in one of the hundreds of empty spaces on the upper levels of the parking deck, if you HAVE to go there.
Even better is to come into the ramp on the second level off Edwards Mill Road behind the mall (near the foodcourt). You can easily head right to park near Belk, or turn left (before you get to the clogged "front" row) and park in Vicki's favorite spot near Macy's.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:43 AM

121 posts, read 429,835 times
Default Thank you!

Wow, such helpful responses! I'm happy to hear that I have at least two choices for malls that aren't super crazy during the week (and this close to Christmas) :-) I really love Southpoint and think we'll give that a try (dinner there will be necessary since traffic will be heavy if we try to leave before 7pm).

Thanks so much for the info!

Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Even better is to come into the ramp on the second level off Edwards Mill Road behind the mall (near the foodcourt). You can easily head right to park near Belk, or turn left (before you get to the clogged "front" row) and park in Vicki's favorite spot near Macy's.
I should have kept that a secret since I'll be heading over later this afternoon! I don't mind sharing with y'all, though! Just don't tell the out-of-towners!!!

Vicki

Old 12-15-2011, 11:31 AM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Although I'm a bit ticked that Crate and Barrel left us!!!
Crate and Barrel left for Southpoint in fact. Maybe Southpoint is the "better" of two.

I mean this is all good fun. I'm not really a "mall" person. And FWIW, Crabtree does have the only McCormick and Schmick's. And I'd trade Maggianos at SP for McC & Schmicks!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM

826 posts, read 1,931,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Crate and Barrel left for Southpoint in fact. Maybe Southpoint is the "better" of two.

I mean this is all good fun. I'm not really a "mall" person. And FWIW, Crabtree does have the only McCormick and Schmick's. And I'd trade Maggianos at SP for McC & Schmicks!!!
Apparently Restoration Hardware is also leaving for Southpointe!

Old 12-15-2011, 02:13 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskb View Post
Apparently Restoration Hardware is also leaving for Southpointe!
There already is a Restoration Hardware there. I guess they are consolidating???

BTW, the edit is because the first time around I misread what you typed. My bad.

Last edited by PDXmom; 12-15-2011 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: mis read that

Old 12-15-2011, 03:22 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,227,149 times
Crabtree is the Premier Mall of the Triangle Just because there are so many stores you can find there you can't find elsewhere. Their traffic is horrible even during non peak shopping season, but to go to a store like Lacoste, Belk Mens, H&M, The North Face etc. it's would be so worth it. Southpointe is fine if you live in the western triangle Durham/Chapel Hill/ Cary/Apex and then Triangle is fine if your in Wake Forest/Raleigh/Knightdale/Clayton. It's nice we have options now.

And is it just me or is Cary towne Center almost completely forgettable?

Happy shopping to all.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
And is it just me or is Cary towne Center almost completely forgettable?
If you want to feel better about Cary Towne Center, stop in at University Mall in Chapel Hill some time.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:35 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Cary Towne Center is sort of a convenience store mall.
Close by and easy access for some specifics.
Not really great for the dedicated shopaholic, though.

How about Northgate Mall to help you feel better about University Mall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary