Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:52 PM

787 posts, read 3,583,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLorraine
I am a 36-year old single female thinking of moving to the Raleigh, NC area, possibly in the Fall. I'm interested in finding out about the dating scene (or lack thereof!) for older singles. I have heard wonderful things regarding Raleigh, but I'm not sure what the pace is like. I went to college in Texas and have lived in Kansas City and Los Angeles. New York is a wonderful city but it's not easy to make it here and I'm about ready to get out of the rat race. The thought of having a house and a car (parking in NYC runs over $400 a month) is very exciting to me. I almost fell off my chair when I took a look at what $325, 000 could buy me down there. I could sell my studio apartment for more than that and it's only 475 square feet.

I would appreciate any thoughts/feedback. Thank you!

Honey, you can buy a mansion down here for $325,000.00
My sister just built a house in between Rocky Mount and Wilson and they paid something like $400,000.00 for it and while I haven't seen it yet, my mother talks like it is something else. As for me, I am in Greene County in my quiet little country home that we bought in 1992. 1700 Square feet, brick home with a barn in the back yard. We did have a fence until Hurricane Fran took it out in 1996. We are on a corner lot with .9 of an acre of land and we bought it all for $60,500.00 back in 1992. While it would probably go for something like $90,000.00 now since we have done some work to it, it is still a bargain. I don't know a lot about the cities but you wouldn't want to live where I live because there is nothing here but rural areas. But Raleigh is very nice. My daughter lives there and I use to work in Raleigh when I was living in Johnston County in the 80's. Charlotte might appeal to you as well. If you go as far west as Asheville, be sure to check out the Biltmore Estate. That is where they filmed the movie "Richie Rich." It is magnificant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,785 times
Please feel free to move down to Raleigh. I just moved in a few months ago
the landscape is great but the biggest difference is the people. Moving from Virginia, I had no idea what real southern charm and friendship could be like at all. I have found the nicest people down here that I have ever met. This is real community and real people. After 10 years with the military, this was a positive culture shock to me. You will love it.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:50 AM

460 posts, read 2,422,242 times
A mansion? My idea of a mansion and most people's must be different. A mansion is over 7,000 sq ft and that is a small one.
A 3,000 or 4,000 sq ft home is just a large home.
I am trying to get rid of mine here, anyone want to move to PA?
I am not ever buying a big house again. I have also said this twice before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary