Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,091,054 times

Advertisements

Just got word that the job for which I interviewed in June (with followups in July) is not going to come through. The shifted people around internally to fill the spot.

Instead, they offered me a similar position in NYC.

No thanks.

Sometimes I just don't think this is gonna happen for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 08:25 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,062,032 times
Sorry to hear things didn't work out. I noticed in other threads that you're also considering Charlotte & possibly South Carolina, which is smart. No need to put all of your eggs in one basket, ya know? Hopefully something will pan out for you. Good luck!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:30 AM

My husband seems to be down on Charlotte but with his banking background, it might be our best bet right now.

I'm interested in Greenville but not sure there's anything in either of our lines of work. Also having a hard time convincing him that SC is not so far "deep south" that he would dislike it.

I guess I have a stubborn husband!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:33 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,692,210 times
aww, I am sorry friend. Yeah just stay open about everything. Things change all the time.
What field of work on you in? Can't remember if that was mentioned or not.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:59 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,623,282 times
I am sorry for that news.... But, I truly believe, everything for a reason as they say, and something more wonderful will come your way. I'm sure of it..... Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChomesomeday View Post

Just got word that the job for which I interviewed in June (with followups in July) is not going to come through. The shifted people around internally to fill the spot.

No thanks.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:03 AM

I have to admit a bit of a sense of relief because my oldest child just started 11th grade yesterday. The guilt of moving him now was building to a crescendo! But yes, we're still keeping the options open, particularly because he's made it known that he is interested in looking at schools (colleges) in the VA/NC/SC area as well as OR/WA. Nice that he's already thinking about that!

I'm in marketing with a special emphasis on promotions and special events, partnership aquisition in the packaged goods (grocery) and restaurant chanels. I've spent a lot of time in field marketing positions which unfortunately requires fairly heavy travel. The job in NC was for a local office of a global company in their retail promotions division. It was fairly light on travel and a great job opportunity. I'll keep my hand in though and try to find some way to stay in contact. Who knows--if their situation doesn't work out, maybe they'll be giving me a call soon...

Old 09-05-2007, 09:08 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,173,593 times
Having lived in Manhattan (middle income project) 10 years, I agree with your decision to pass on NYC.

The apt we rented has become market rate as controlled tenants vacate. When we left in 1985, our stabilized rent was $550 including utilities. Current rent (hold up your shorts) - $3,500.

Hang in there. Follow God's lead and go where He tells you is right. We moved to Raleigh from New Orleans in 1989 and got back to church after a 20 year lapse.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:23 AM

4,606 posts, read 7,692,210 times
Quote:

No thanks.

I just sent ya a dm,

Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,157,199 times
Default hang in there

Quote:

No thanks.

Better that it happens now rather than right after you start the job. Just keep looking, its like watching grass grow because you are anxious. Have faith

Old 09-05-2007, 10:08 AM

Is watching grass grow any more exciting than watching paint dry? LOL

Autumngal, got your PM (or DM--whatever they're called these days) and replied. Thanks!!!

My husband and I have this running joke between us that everytime we go somewhere and he looks around and says "I could live here" then whammo! Six months later we're there. One of us gets a job offer and we move. It's weird. So he's hell bent on flying down to Raleigh, even if it's just to step off the airplane and say "I could live here" and take the next flight back!

He's actually never been there but he's been to Charlotte. He's seen Raleigh through my eyes though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary