Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 05:25 AM

45 posts, read 93,448 times

Advertisements

My husband and I moved from Denver 6 years ago and we still long for Wahoo's fish tacos. Not your typical Mexican food and a unique, low-key atmosphere.

Wahoo's Fish Taco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 05:54 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Just give me a Mickie D's and a great pizza joint here in North Hills and I'll be happy

Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,150,198 times
I wish that Raleigh/Cary had more Vietnamese offerings. Durham has a few good options, as do Greensboro and Charlotte.

In general, more and varied authentic, ethnic offerings are my wish. Raleigh has come a LONG way in recent years, and I hope the trend continues and even eccelorates.

(edit: I know of a few "vietnamese places", but I want the real deal. For example, I went to Saigon Cafe in Durham, and wish it was closer to me.)

Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 AM

235 posts, read 423,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
By more you mean a ramen shop? I have yet to find a place in the Triangle that serves actual ramen.
The one that I usually go to for Ramen is Kashin at Crossroads in Cary. Not the best I've had but its close There's also Domo Sushi (Cary) and Momoyama (Durham), these all serve Ramen but not the Hokkaido style (or at least it didn't taste like one)

Old 12-30-2011, 07:17 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,240,257 times
I'd love for Raleigh to get more food chains (I know they're chains but they are good food chains) including an Au Bon Pain, Legal Sea Foods, Stoney River Legendary Steaks, and Smith & Wollensky.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:22 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,598,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg5green View Post
I could really go for some Tim Hortons everywhere. I've even emailed them to no avail.

Look, i hate to be one of those guys who jumps on the "If only the place back home opened up a location 600+ miles away to please me" bandwagon, but it is a little disappointing to see no real competition to Dunkin Donuts, which is a nice combination of overpriced goods with low quality food. You keep seeing Krispy Kreme items in grocery stores, but I've yet to see a single store anywhere, not that I would be interested in stopping in, if I did. But yes, it would be nice to see a good quality coffee/donuts/lunch chain in NC/SC. Obviously it wouldn't be Timmy Ho's, since it wouldn't make business sense at all, but a viable option would be nice. Plus, it makes it that much better an experience to stop and grab some grub from them when you are back north and haven't had any in several months.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:23 AM

699 posts, read 1,706,578 times
I wish there was a restaurant that served out-of-this-world homemade soups.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:27 AM

699 posts, read 1,706,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
You keep seeing Krispy Kreme items in grocery stores, but I've yet to see a single store anywhere,
According to Google there are two Krispy Kreme locations in Raleigh:

549 North Person Street
Raleigh
(919) 833-3682

11721 Retail Dr #101
Wake Forest
(919) 554-0451

Now I'm thinking I'll have to go as I really only enjoy Krispy Kremes when they are warm and fresh.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:39 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,240,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
it is a little disappointing to see no real competition to Dunkin Donuts, it would be nice to see a good quality coffee/donuts/lunch chain in NC/SC.

NC has Bruegger's Bagels. They offer better quality foods than Dunkin Donuts IMHO. Au Bon Pain is a great chain that offers DD's menu plus much more. I just wish they would open up locations in the Triangle.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:45 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,942 times
I plan to move to the Triangle area in the next year or two, I have spent time scouting restaurants in the area. The one thing I haven't found yet is true artisanal, Neapolitan pizza. Sure there are lots of pizza places, indeed some good ones, but if there is a real artisan pizzeria I haven't found it (Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix is the benchmark IMO).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary