Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 PM

414 posts, read 1,257,521 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I've been eyeballing Craigslist and rental management websites for about a month now. I'm putting this out there with the hopes someone has some pointers on finding a rental home.

I am seeking a 3bdrm single family home inside the beltline. Less than $1200/mo. For those that like specifics, I am super-interested (ideally) in the area of these streets:

Clark
Peace
St. Mary's
Glenwood/Five points
Whitaker Mill
Oberlin

I know there are various subdivisions tucked all in there and when I've driven through. I believe a lot of property owners/managers just stick signs in the yard, yes? Does anyone live in and around that area that could suggest some subdivision names/streets that I can ride through?

Any other "heads up" you want to share, feel free. Any crime spots or creepy neighborhoods or must see's.

I appreciate any help you can offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 01:00 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
you're not likely to find a 3 BR in any of those places, except Clark Ave area that is 90%+ student housing and run down, for $1200/month. In the whole last 12 months, 4 places rented out like that. There is ONE place, on Rothgeb, available right now. Rothgeb is between Anderson and St Mary's/Lassiter Mill, closer to Six Forks. I would suggest you contact Clark Properties and let them know you're actively looking for such a home.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 PM

I will do just that! Thank you. I knew that some pockets are primarily student housing. I do wish to stay away from that. I've "graduated" from tolerating partying and passed out bodies in the front yard. Heh!

So basically, most single family rentals in that area are primarily 2bdrm that are "family friendly"?

Old 02-05-2012, 03:07 PM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
Most single family homes in that area are 2 bedroom full stop. Since most were built in the 30s-50s they have much smaller sqft than houses built later and that means very few 3 bedrooms.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:41 PM

Ah okay. Good to know. I will have to adjust my search accordingly then. Besides, it makes me further reduce my clutter. :-)

Thank you both!

If any rental info comes your way, let me know!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
if it just you, then get what you can for the location you want. 2 bedrooms might have to suffice. Also, does it have to be a single family home, or could it be a condo? Both questions matter!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary