Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2012, 07:59 PM

31 posts, read 78,460 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am wondering where kids go for after school care when attending Middle Creek Elementary as I noticed they do not have onsite before & after school care. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I was looking at enrolling them into Holly Springs Elementary but have been hearing lots of good things about Middle Creek. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,189,137 times
The Y does have an after school program at Middle Creek.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,604,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristmasGal View Post
Hi, I am wondering where kids go for after school care when attending Middle Creek Elementary as I noticed they do not have onsite before & after school care. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I was looking at enrolling them into Holly Springs Elementary but have been hearing lots of good things about Middle Creek. Thoughts?

Thanks!
I do not believe that Middle Creek Elementary CURRENTLY has an after-school program, but I have spoken with the person at the Kraft YMCA responsible for these programs and they do have one planned for this year. It would not be at the school though. You'd have to go to the YMCA. Call them for details as I do not believe the info is on their website yet.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM

101 posts, read 189,005 times
My kids started out at Middle Creek but got reassigned to Holly Springs Elementary. Both schools are good. MCES has a fairly new prinicpal so I can't speak to it directly but my kids still have friends in MC and I don't hear any complaints from the kids or parents. I personally love HSES --my son transferred here in 5th grade and they really bent over backwards to help him adjust. Teachers on track 4 have been wonderful. You can't go wrong with either school. Be sure to check the feeder patterns though to make sure they middle and high schools are what you want --MCES feeds into West Lake Middle then Middle Creek HS. HSES feeds into Holly Ridge middle then Holly Springs HS.

MCES - afterschool program is at the YMCA
HSES - afterschool program is on site at the school

Last edited by pharmamama; 02-14-2012 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: additional information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary