Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 05:40 PM

210 posts, read 748,924 times

Advertisements

Hi All, I'm looking for a community that is similar to Bedford Estates with it's great amenities, sidewalks, spacious homes and community feel. Unfortunately, the feedback that I just got regarding Bedford Estates raised a couple red flags for me and my "Doc Hudson". Might anyone have or live in a comparable community? Preferably North Raleigh. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 06:27 PM

4 posts, read 15,134 times
Don't give up on bedford estates. Check out my last post to your previous thread.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:30 PM

4 posts, read 15,134 times
Also, feel free to send me a direct message if you would like to discuss the estates further.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
These types of homes are way beyond my experience, but I have heard people mention Ethan's Glen on this forum before. Not sure if commute is an issue for you or not. It is in N. Raleigh but a little further out then Bedford. If the link I put below gets edited out, if you do a google search for Ethan's Glen, Raleigh you should be able to find the community website. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions.

Welcome to the Fine Homes of ETHAN'S GLEN

Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,355,335 times
Ethan's Glen is quite nice, but will have a different feel than Bedford Estates. Lot sizes in Ethan's Glen will be much larger (2x to 3x). There won't be any sidewalks, though - you normally don't find them in neighborhoods in the Falls Lake watershed, regardless of price. You will almost certainly be on a septic system, and probably use propane for gas. I don't know what all amenities that Bedford Estates has - the main one in Ethan's Glen will be a community pool. I can't speak to the "community feel" as I don't live there.

If you are OK with the lack of sidewalks and needing to drive to do any shopping (IMO, the biggest drawback of living in the watershed), then there are several neighborhoods in this price range in North Raleigh that you may want to look into.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 AM

997 posts, read 4,644,586 times
Have you looked at Wakefield Plantation or Brier Creek. There are some older neighborhoods in North Raleigh that are very nice as well such as North Ridge, Cross Gate and Bent Tree. Heritage is also worth checking out even though it is in Wake Forest.

Good Luck.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:53 AM

210 posts, read 748,924 times
Thanks for these ideas. Now what if I looked in Cary, can I find anything like a Bedford Estates there?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 PM

906 posts, read 2,381,703 times
I love Cross Gate--very beautiful. There's probably some noise from 540 but I'm sure it varies with the location of the house. Also, it might not bother you at all--just something to think about. Same thing with Bent Tree--beautiful neighborhood but some highway noise.

Traemoor (off Strickland near Creedmoore), Devon (Durant between Honeycutt & Falls of Neuse), and Moorlands (North of 540 off of Creedmoor I think) are 3 other similarly priced neighborhoods I can think of. Of course, these will all have much larger lots than Bedford Estates and no sidewalks. I also love having sidewalks. :-)

I don't know much about Cary, but Cary Park is supposed to be similar to Falls River/Bedford in architecture styles and amenities. I know that Cary Park is more expensive than Falls River but I don't know if they have homes comparable to the estates section of Bedford. Kitts Creek in Morrisville also looks nice.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:42 PM

3 posts, read 16,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiatorSprings View Post
Hi All, I'm looking for a community that is similar to Bedford Estates with it's great amenities, sidewalks, spacious homes and community feel. Unfortunately, the feedback that I just got regarding Bedford Estates raised a couple red flags for me and my "Doc Hudson". Might anyone have or live in a comparable community? Preferably North Raleigh. Thanks...
Have you tried Riverside? This is a great community in North Raleigh with great amenities. Its close to everything and not too far from Bedford Estates. Check out their website: RiversideRaleigh.com > myHome

Old 09-09-2007, 02:36 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,427 times
Carpenter Village in Morrisville comes to mind. good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary