Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What kind of summer will we have this year?
Look out - we are in for a scorcher! One for the record books! 16 39.02%
Typical summer - many 90 plus days, perhaps a bunch near the century mark. 17 41.46%
Just like winter, our summer will go against the grain. We'll have a milder, drier/less humid summer this year. 7 17.07%
It will be a wet one this year - much more rain than in previous years. 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:37 PM

3,305 posts, read 8,557,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
"Waste not...want not" as my grandmama used to say
I'm not wasting anything. Mine and my families comfort is more important than a few bucks saved in cooling costs. I like it cool, so to me and my family the comfort it provides is worth it. I bet you set your heat higher than I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,923,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
I'm not wasting anything. Mine and my families comfort is more important than a few bucks saved in cooling costs
"A dollar saved is a dollar earned" Call it what you want to, but if my grandmama was your grandmama she would come up out of the grave and git'cha for running the air in Feb. instead of cracking a couple of windows.

About that heat. Just because you think I'm an old geezer I sit around the house freezing with the thermostat set on 82 degrees. We keep the thermostat set on around 68 during the day, and shut it off before we go to bed. How about yourself? Scout's honor now

Old 03-17-2012, 04:08 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,822,398 times
I'm a little worried. It's counter-intuitive...but April is normally the driest month in the Raleigh area, and with the temps being above average in March we may get into early drought troubles this summer.

Oh yeh, and keep your windows closed for the next two weeks. Pine pollen season is in full effect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary