Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 PM

6 posts, read 7,481 times

Advertisements

Just wanting to touch base with others like myself dealing with this whole Wake County Assignment mess (for lack of better words). I enrolled my son (who starts kindergarten in the summer/fall. I picked out my choices (after lots of research and tours of each school). I ranked my choices as Heritage, Jones Dairy, North Forest Pines, Wake Forest Elementary and Richland Creek. I definitely did not think we would get the fifth choice (Richland Creek-which is a new school and in the middle of the ghetto-Dubous Center). I really wanted year round because I think my son will learn better that way. But none the less that is what we got. We got three new choices in Round 2 (Sanford Creek, Forest Pines, Rolesville). I am doing Round 2 because in my mind anything is better then a school that I know nothing about (this will be its first year-if it opens at all). Does anyone know anything about Sanford Creek or Richland Creek? Sanford Creek has 57 spots left in Round 2 which kinda concerns me because I don't understand why if it is a great school it isn't filled up. If less then 57 people put Sanford Creek as their first choice do we automatically get in (like in Round 1). I know it is a lot of questions but any help is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary