Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 PM

86 posts, read 141,943 times

Advertisements

My wife was following me across an intersection through Knightdale a few weeks ago. Of course, she wanted to stay up with me so we could go to a little diner. Instead, she tripped the red light camera and got her picture taken. Within a week, we were sent a $50 bill.

My wife even has a plastic cover over the license plate, of course it doesn't work for refracting the flash.

Red Light cameras do no prevent accidents, they are merely more revenue for our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 PM

14 posts, read 62,656 times
They have these all over NYC. I agree a total revenue builder. If you know where some of these cameras are located please post them so we can be aware of them.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:13 PM

86 posts, read 141,943 times
Default asanti, they are every where bud, a few years ago, NC wanted to mount speed cameras along a major highway

I believe that highway was going to be Hwy 24? Not sure, haven't heard anything about the progress in two years. Those cameras would scan your car and if your exceeding the speed limit, WAAM, a picture of your license and a huge ticket in the mail.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:33 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,682,321 times
There is a red-light camera at the corner of Prestonwood and High House. I've triggered the flashy light thing a few times but have yet to receive a ticket. My friends have gotten tickets at that intersection--quite annoying but I suppose all those Preston people don't want people racing through their neighborhood or something.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:50 AM

770 posts, read 2,754,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workerbeeishere View Post
My wife was following me across an intersection through Knightdale a few weeks ago. Of course, she wanted to stay up with me so we could go to a little diner. Instead, she tripped the red light camera and got her picture taken. Within a week, we were sent a $50 bill.

My wife even has a plastic cover over the license plate, of course it doesn't work for refracting the flash.

Red Light cameras do no prevent accidents, they are merely more revenue for our government.
REd light cameras don't get tripped as soon as the light turns red. The light has to have been red for a number of seconds before it will activate when a car passes through. I know revenue generation is an argument and one I generally subscribe to but there is little argument that going through red lights is acceptable except for the direst of emergencies.
If it makes you think twice the next time 'she wanted to stay up with me so we could go to a little diner' then its served its purpose and $50 without points attached is small potatoes

Old 09-27-2007, 05:32 AM

180 posts, read 662,716 times
I work over at Regency Park in Cary, in the building that is seen off of Tryon Road. They have one of those red light camera's at that intersection and numerous times we have seem it go off at night! It's nuts how bright it actually is!

Tsk Tsk to those who try to run red lights! I think they're there for a good reason! A few times I have hesitated before going when the light turns green..thank God that I did that b/c a car went flying by trying to beat the red light! Talk about scary! Now I always wait a second or so before crossing the intersection. I can only control how I drive...not other's on the road!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:40 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
No points on your license or insurance.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:44 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,658,797 times
Quote:
Is this why she has a cover over her plate?

The sensible thing to do if someone is following you and both cars cannot make it through the red light is for the first car to pull over to the right after the insection. Then wait for the second car.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:58 PM

213 posts, read 937,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanti View Post
They have these all over NYC. I agree a total revenue builder. If you know where some of these cameras are located please post them so we can be aware of them.
Currently, the City maintains SafeLight cameras in 12 locations. The locations were chosen based on having the highest rate of “t-bone” or angle collisions in the city. These locations are:

Dawson Street at South Street;
Wilmington Street at Morgan Street;
Dawson Street at Morgan Street;
Six Forks Road at Rowan Street;
Rock Quarry Road at Cross Link Road/Proctor Road;
Brentwood Road at New Hope Church Road;
Capital Boulevard at Highwoods Boulevard;
Peace Street at West Street;
Hillsborough Street at Dixie Trail/Friendly Drive;
New Bern Avenue at Tarboro Street;
Six Forks Road at Dartmouth Road; and,
New Hope Road at Capital Boulevard.

City of Raleigh | Four Years Into Contract, Red Light Cameras Doing Their Job (http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_306_210_0_43/http%3B/pt03/DIG_Web_Content/news/public/News-PubAff-Four_Years_Into_Contract-20070917-14174945.html - broken link)

Old 09-27-2007, 03:01 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,254,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workerbeeishere View Post

Break the LAW? Get a ticket. Makes sense to me.

Choices have consequences. Something we must all teach our children.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary