Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 02:19 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,092,281 times

Advertisements

I stumbled across a strange accident scene today in lil' ole Wake Forest. I ran in to it at the intersection of US-1 Alt and Selsey Drive on my way to Wal-mart just a little before 2pm and was blown away at the amount of police. Guess that's why I brought out my camcorder and started capturing the event on video. Sure do hope that everybody is OK!

US-1 Alt and Selsey in Wake Fo - YouTube

Although they wouldn't tell me what happened one of the fireman later admitted to a nearby neighbor that, "somebody got cut". I wonder what that means given the location of the incident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,582,663 times
^Curious as to why you would randomly stop at an emergency scene and start recording? Not intending the next comment as an attack but the way you are right in the middle of the scene and questioning the paramedic about it being a HIPPA violation and filming the license plate makes me think you are after a lawsuit or money or something. If you aren't involved with the scene why would you walk around it recording and getting in other people's business? Really, just curious.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 PM

Default No way out

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Curious as to why you would randomly stop at an emergency scene and start recording?
I was forced to stop as this incident was literally blocking the way out of my neighborhood.

Given how many police cars were at the scene I figured it was some kind of hardcore drug bust and I could make the police look like heroes when I passed my video footage on to WRAL or News Channel 14. That's why I'm so easy going with the police and firefighters, because I'm trying to keep everybody calm after what looks like an intense situation. No word yet on what happened but for those of you who are curious you can keep checking here for the report. Just filter by date 07/06/2012.

I also got some great reaction video from the 90 year neighbor who seemed perplexed at the goings on. However, she asked that I not post up her video on YouTube so I respected her wishes.

BTW, I've never seen a police officer wearing olive drab before. Is he dressed like that because he's a member of a K9 unit?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 AM

How would that keep an officer calm? If I were an officer I'd feel threatened because it tells me if I screw up the least little bit this video is going to cause the crap to hit the fan. Just letting you know from a different perspective. I know you have the right to record but no way am I believing you are doing it to "keep people calm". Lol.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-07-2012 at 08:00 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 09:53 AM

Default Inquiring minds want to know

As irony would have it, a Wake Forest police officer has just moved in 2 houses up the hill from me.

Chance put me at the right place and at the right time to prove, with video, the statement I had made in this earlier post.

I'm still curious though, why is that one police officer wearing olive drab?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
As irony would have it, a Wake Forest police officer has just moved in 2 houses up the hill from me.

Chance put me at the right place and at the right time to prove, with video, the statement I had made in this earlier post.

Cool. You should show the video to the officer and get his opinion on it.

I can't help you on the olive drab uniform.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:47 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,099,752 times
A 47-year-old man was shot according to online crime reports -- but this was Thursday evening.

Your story was Friday at 2 pm.

And there's this about the 47-year-old: http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/11184220/

Is it the same story?

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 07-07-2012 at 11:00 AM..

Old 07-07-2012, 11:03 AM

809 posts, read 2,188,608 times
Quote:

Canine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
A 47-year-old man was shot according to online crime reports. No other information.

And there's this: Police seek tips in Wake Forest shooting :: WRAL.com
That incident was on Thursday evening, in an area well known for problems. I'm surprised Wake Forest even reported it to any news source.

The incident Grizz posted was on Friday, around 2:30 in the afternoon.

Now I know how to get the Wake Forest Police and all other emergency personnel to respond to an emergency. I'll just call them and tell them I've got a cut.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:05 AM

Default Wrong place, wrong time

Seeing as there were 4 police cars (at least one being a K9 unit), 2 EMS vehicles, a fire truck and a police SUV on the scene I figured it had to be something big. Only thing missing was the low flying helicopters that we've been seeing so much as of late.

Oops, wait a minute, according to NBC 17 that shooting happened a month ago.

Man found shot in Wake Forest | NBC17.com

What happened yesterday at the intersection of US-1 Alt and Selsey Drive remains a mystery although I'm sure we'll find out more as time goes by. The truth always tends to come to light.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,099,752 times
Whoops. Yes, that link came from spotcrime.com. It looks like Wake Forest doesn't otherwise report crime stats to Spotcrime. Too bad -- then the mystery would be solved.

And in response to an earlier post about not many people showing up to Wake Forest town council meetings. The one big lesson I've learned living in Raleigh is that there are important "civic duties" for which we are all responsible. One is voting. Another is jury duty.

The other important civic duty is showing up at town council or city council meetings, preferably in color-coded shirts, holding signs, and having someone from the group speak (which usually requires several days' notice) -- regardless of how stupid one feels -- in order to help the town or city council make the right decisions on issues.

I am amazed at how absolutely vital it is for people to essentially show up and be counted. One thinks that just voting for the best people is enough. Nope. It sure isn't.

The people in power want to SEE the people who agree or disagree. It often makes a big difference. They don't always vote the way you want them to. But it seems that seeing the people who disagree with them and hearing their arguments makes them think a little more about the decision they have in front of them and weigh both sides a little more carefully.

Then there are "politics" and "personalities" and all of that. Human nature. Motivations. Group dynamics. It's absolutely fascinating. I wish it were more straightforward and simple. But it isn't.

Quote:
Seeing as there were 4 police cars (at least one being a K9 unit), 2 EMS vehicles, a fire truck and a police SUV on the scene I figured it had to be something big. Only thing missing was the low flying helicopters that we've been seeing so much as of late.

Oops, wait a minute, according to NBC 17 that shooting happened a month ago.

Man found shot in Wake Forest | NBC17.com

What happened yesterday at the intersection of US-1 Alt and Selsey Drive remains a mystery although I'm sure we'll find out more as time goes by. The truth always tends to come to light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary