Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:30 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,392 times

Advertisements

Just announced today. The Raleigh date at PNC has been cancelled along will all other dates in fall schedule. Tyler Perry cancelled because of high ticket prices.

My Messages » Due To Circumstances That I Can't Control... — TylerPerry.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM

1,231 posts, read 3,150,444 times
Who is Tyler Perry?

Old 09-17-2012, 09:02 PM

384 posts, read 596,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Who is Tyler Perry?
Mr. and Mrs. Perry's son.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,602,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Who is Tyler Perry?
It's Texas governor Rick Perry's son. You know. . . Katy Perry's older brother?

Old 09-18-2012, 06:08 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,028,326 times
Though I admittedly didn't know a live tour was coming, that's too bad that it had to be cancelled. I'm the opposite of the target audience, but love Madea nonetheless! For those of you who haven't ever seen his movies, you should check them out. You might surprise yourself. The most recent ones were not nearly as good in my opinion as some slightly older ones. Daddy's Little Girls was a tear jerker and you can follow it up with Madea hilarity to bring your mood back up.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:28 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
Mr. and Mrs. Perry's son.
Ba dum ching!

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone can watch his movies. I tried once and gave up after about 20 minutes. Interesting that the tour was canceled because of "high ticket prices." Isn't that the sort of thing that gets negotiated before you even set the tour dates?

Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Ba dum ching!

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone can watch his movies. I tried once and gave up after about 20 minutes. Interesting that the tour was canceled because of "high ticket prices." Isn't that the sort of thing that gets negotiated before you even set the tour dates?
yeah....more like "nobody bought the tickets"....I guess the reason why is subject to debate!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 AM

862 posts, read 3,549,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
Ba dum ching!

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone can watch his movies. I tried once and gave up after about 20 minutes.
All of them aren't the same genre or quality, so to lump them together wouldn't be fair. Daddy's Little Girls was a polar opposite of the Madea movies.

FTR, I personally couldn't stand 'What's Done in the Dark' which I had the most unfortunate experience to see at a friend's house. I'm talking nails on a chalkboard and nauseating to say the least.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 AM

181 posts, read 387,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
yeah....more like "nobody bought the tickets"....I guess the reason why is subject to debate!
Tickets were selling briskly enough. The real issue is not unique to most successful / powerful movie producers; it's control and profits. His company sets the ticket price at a certain level. Anyone who has ever bought event tickets know that by the time you pay all the fee's the actual price is much higher, which the production company usually does not see. That does not even account for scalpers who buy lots early to resell at a higher price.

Also, Yes some of his movies stink and are unwatchable. But some of his other movies are very good so I think it's unfair to see 20 minutes of one film and use that as a basis of his entire portfolio.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio108 View Post
Tickets were selling briskly enough. The real issue is not unique to most successful / powerful movie producers; it's control and profits. His company sets the ticket price at a certain level. Anyone who has ever bought event tickets know that by the time you pay all the fee's the actual price is much higher, which the production company usually does not see. That does not even account for scalpers who buy lots early to resell at a higher price.
You know this, I know this, and unless his organizers have been living under a rock for the past 40 years, they should know this. This can't have been some sort of big surprise halfway through the tour. I'd be very surprised if this is the real reason for the tour cancellation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary